Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/critical-rce-found-in-popular-ghostscript-open-source-pdf-library/ This was brought to our attention by one of customers who uses InfoMaker....
Hi all, I'm a dev on a very large cross-DB-platform PB application. I'm trying to solve an issue that has plagued us as long as I can remember. The problem is with computed columns, specifically ones that are defined as two single ticks, with nothin...
Hi    In PB 2021 i am looking for an easy way to search a directory for specefic files for example file with a .reg extension and get the one with the earliest create date. Any info on this topic will be helpful.   Thanks Malek...
Hi Guys Another oddity when themes have been applied. We have an MDI application with multiple windows open, when we do a DW retrieve on a long query from the DB, PB showns not responding (expected behaviour). But also blanks the windows within the ...
If we want to create true web application versions of our client/server PB applications, and maintain both versions, what do users recommend as the best technological options? Obviously it's not PowerServer, because it's not really a web application...
Hi, I have OLE code to connect to MS Outlook but since upgrading Outlook to the current version ( 1.2023.630.100) the code no longer works.  This is the code that worked before the upgrade: oleApplication = CREATE n_OLEObject// Connect to Outlook. ...
we're trying to write a PB2019, or possibly PB2022, app that works with hand held barcode scanners the only Win OS i could find on scanners was Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 will a SMALL PB app run on OS Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5? Thanks for a...
Hello, Team It is unclear to me how to use DataContext.Commit in SnapDevelop. I had the following code in PB. //******************************************* ds1 = create datastore ds1.setTransobject(sqlca) ds1.retrieve() /// some code ds1.upda...
Hello Using PB 2022 B 1900, Postgresql 15 Need to update image in a database field (bytea datatype).   Need to send the image along with the key field(s).  How to send it?  Weng through https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/using-rest-clie...
I have a user who is trying to reference a stored procedure from InfoMaker.   Here are the steps she's taking.   Create a New Tabluar Object.     In Tabular Report Generator, click Stored Procedure, and then click Next.     Choose the s...
i had a trouble with Powerbuilder 2022R2 when i tried to hosting the web api iin IIS.i set the the option stdoutLogEnabled in true in web.config  and get the rror attached When i try to get access to the web page i get the error 500.30  HTTP Error 5...
PB 2022 1900 Is there a way to make the saved PDF document searchable?  I am using the new PDFDocument feature but noticed if I bring up a PDF file I cannot search within it. Chris...
Hi,   We have an app we are developing an app in Powerbuilder 2022 build 1900 where we set the app name in the database connection string when connecting to SQL Server 2019. We are using ODBC driver. The issue is when we run the app like a regular...
Best regard I would like to know if with the RESTClient object it is possible to consume a REST webservice, passing it a json. With the SOAP Ui program, I perform a test, but I can't find how to pass the ENDPOINT parameter to it. How could I...
Hi, all! Getting the below error when running the PowerServer installable cloud app: Application terminated. Error: Session creation failed. Cause: Failed to send the request. (Web API: https://www.sinergylowells.co:446/api/ServerApi/CreateSessio...
Hello PowerBuilder experts, following is my scenario. We have a PowerBuilder application (version 2022 build 1892) We have a bunch of PDFs stored in Azure Blob Store We also have a C# DLL (.NETCore 6.0), that uses Azure Blob SDK to upload and do...
How to replicate this request curl --location 'http://localhost:34020/api/processor' \ --header 'IE-INTERFACE_VERSION: 1.11' \ --header 'IE-SERVER_TYPE: BGExtractor' \ --header 'IE-JOB_ID: 42' \ --header 'IE-RESULT_TYPE: PNG' \ --header 'IE-PRO...
Hello All, Is multithreading supported with PB 2022/PS 2022? If so, does anyone have examples to share? We've been playing with it but it seems to produce random freeze ups. We're using the sleep function in the user object to time the activity of i...
Hello All, Looking for speculation and advice, so feel free to give me your 2 cents. I had always planned to eventually provide a mobile app to pair with my desktop app, but now that PB Mobile is dead - it's dead right? - I'm looking at other optio...
How can i acces event of the Compress Object.  I use this code: Integer li_resString ls_archivo, ls_carpetas[]CompressorObject lco_backuplco_backup = Create CompressorObject li_res = lco_backup.Compress(ls_carpetas,ls_archivo,ArchiveFormatZIP!)  ...

There are no discussions available here currently