1. Tracy Lamb
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 31 March 2022 20:32 PM UTC

Hi all,

I migrated an application to pb 2021, and noticed that when I try to view my instance variables, all I see is the window open event script. I've got the Layout, Properties and Script panes open.  From the Script pane, I click on Declare, and only see the Open Event.  I have to open the Variables pane to enter instance variables.

Version 2021 Build 1506

I don't know if this is an oversite or design change?

~~~Tracy

Accepted Answer
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 31 March 2022 20:49 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi Tracy;

In each painter where you are missing various event / pane / declare / etc sections ... have you tried using the menu:  VIEW => LAYOUTS => (DEFAULT) to reset all the painter's look & feel?

Regards .... Chris

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 1 April 2022 00:17 AM UTC
Hi Tracy;

My suggestion would be to go back to that default view. Then take screen captures from there through the steps you are doing that ends up what you're describing. That way, we can visualize what your seeing.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  1. Tracy Lamb
  2. Saturday, 2 April 2022 00:08 AM UTC
Something odd is going on with the Script panel... I noticed today while I was testing and taking screen shots for you, if I open a window, then open the Script panel, I can see all the events for the window on the drop-down list in the script panel. I can step through each object on the layout and see the associated events. Then I click Functions in the script panel and can't seem to get back to the scripts for the window... it keeps going back to Functions. If I select any other object in the drop-down, I can see those events, but I can't do that with with window object. When I select DECLARE in the script panel, PB does change the tab in the main window to Declare Instance Variable and I can edit there, but it doesn't show the declarations in the script panel. Sorry this is so wordy, but it's getting hard to screen shot each step, especially after I discovered what happens when I choose FUNCTIONS from the script pane.

~~~Tracy
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Saturday, 2 April 2022 00:34 AM UTC
Feel free to just make a video of the IDE as you go through the various steps your describing. The video might be a lot easier to produce vs lots of screen captures.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Tracy Lamb Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 10 June 2022 20:49 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Operator error !!!

Don't know what I was doing before, and can't duplicate it today :(  Lol!

~~~Tracy

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.