Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi All, We have setup a new license server for power builder. Can someone help in suggesting how can I register my new license server on the Appeon website? I already have a license on the server. Thanks, Saurabh    ...
I'm trying to call a simple dll function to measure a piece of text, to see if it will fit in a confined space without being clipped. I have defined an external DLL in C# and have linked it into the PB source using external function.   In my first...
I copied a co-worker's runtimes to my computer but they do not appear in the "System Options" window so that I can select one of them. How can I solve this? Thank you.   ...
Hi, Can someone share the power script code for the below? 1. Fetch the global and local IP of the application used by the user during the runtime of Appeon web applicaiton. 2. Find the number of instances of the application in the Appeon server. ...
Hello, we have updated from PowerBuilder 12.5 to PowerBuilder 2019R3 and have now an issue with automated testing, because the DropDown-Datawindow and Edit field elements do not have the property 'IsEnabled' anymore. In PowerBuilder 12.5 those two e...
Hello Appeon Team, Is there any change in Incremental build process in PB2017R3. I am trying to run the Incremental build by putting some objects into PBL. After build, It is crashing the application. Is it ok to build PBD using Incremental build op...
about license. we are plan to install powerbuilder on a server to automate the build (by using CLI) and deploy. what kind of license to i need to install and use power builder on the build server? Regards,...
Has anyone successfully integrated a PowerBuilder app with the QuickBooks Desktop API, preferably using the QBFC (QuickBooks Foundation Classes)? It's all done through COM, which ought to be relatively easy in PB. The place I'm stuck is in finding o...
I’m getting errors when building a PowerServer 2021 project for a client application – see attached.  Apparently, you can’t have duplicate objects in different libraries.  It looks like PowerServer doesn’t know which one to parse when that is the cas...
Hi all,   I am currently on PB 2021 Build 1506, and am trying to add Microsoft Word Spell and Grammar check into our Application. I am able to get the SpellCheck to work, however most of the time the window popups behind everything and make it ofte...
Hi I have an InkPicture control which saves the content by the InkPicture_1.Save(lblob_blob, 0, True) call, which generates a blob that's stored in the lblob_blob variable. Now, is it possible to resize said blob? If so, please advise how. It'd be...
Hi. I know that creating tags isn't directly supported within PB's IDE. But I wonder if we are safe to use Tags (annotated or lightweight) in our PB projects. We investigate usage of those features using TortoiseGit. Does anyone has used - tested th...
PowerBuilder 2019 R3 build 2728 Windows 10   I am having a silly isue that is probably all my fault, but I can't seem to work it out. I am exporting four datastores to an XML file using this command      ads.SaveAs(as_file, XML!, true, EncodingU...
Hai, Appeon team My Appeon license (Powerbuilder + PowerServer) will expire within 2 weeks. If not renew the license what will happen my current installed powerbuilder ?....
We are in the process of migrating from an on-premises database server, to cloud-based. I believe it is MS Azure. I was given the following information to connect Infomaker 2021 to the cloud-based database. I am assuming it will be an ODBC connection...
PowerBuilders,   I am looking in to PowerClient as a means of deploying our applications. However, I keep getting an error message like the one below when I invoke the "Build&Deploy PowerClient Project" option on my PowerClient project. I am usi...
Dear all,   has anyone some experience using Microsoft graph? I need to consume REST services from PowerBuilder and would like to do it using the following Powerbuilder objects: OAuthClient ,TokenRequest ,TokenResponse  Best regardsThorsten...
Dear all,does anybody have a code snippet for getting a token to use with further calls to the MS 365 REST api?I've got app ID, Client secret, user and password but need a tenant, which I don't have right now. I am not familiar with MS 365 and need t...
This problem has happened to me in PB 12.5. We are now on PB 2019 Build 2170. Sometimes while debugging our app, the debugger encounters the error in the attached image. One of our devs is getting it pretty much every time in one location. I don't ...
Hi all, I use Powerbuilder 2021, build 1506 I want to export Data once datastore is retrieved. Simple as that. I got XML Template like this (this is extraction from Edit source of datawindow): export.xml(usetemplate="efaktura_avans" headgroups="1...

There are no discussions available here currently