Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I was looking at the new ExtractorObject in PB 2019. I found a use for it extracting a string from a blob that was GZip encoded by another non-PB program. The problem is that I want to do the same in PB 2017. I looked at the Windows Compression API...
In PowerBuilder 2019, where is the executable to generate the Runtime DLLs that need to be distributed with my app?...
Hi Appeon, have you published the arguments for the diff viewer, yet? I can't find them. The only thing I found where screenshots in Bruce Armstrongs tutorial SVN Enhancements in PowerBuilder 2017 R3 ( "https://community.appeon.com/index.php/articl...
Good day!   We have Powerserver, and for all users in the client part it works closely fine. But there is a single one that when he connects to the application, it ask him for installing the multi-browser plug-in in  about one of three times he try...
Hi all,  I'm playing with PowerBuilder ( Universal edition ) trying to build a stand-alone android mobile apk. No server is needed, nor api, nor url. Consequently no PowerServer is needed to be involved. Just a window with commandbotton with "He...
I need to generate the application exe file with code signing (Authenticode = True). I used the project painter but the generated exe is not signed. I looked into the help file and found the following in "Attaching or embedding manifest file" section...
Some of the objects in a PBL (PowerBuilder library) cannot be exported, deleted, regenerated. And library itself cannot be optimized. Even those objects cannot be edited and neither their source is opened in editor. I copied the original object from...
Hi All, Is "physical location" of images loaded using .PBR files cached similar to location of classes and DataWindow objects? First time app needs to loads any class from disk, it searches the library list. When found, loads from disk and caches l...
Hello All, If i have installed PB2017 and did not install some features cause in the time was not neeeded and now we need to install them if i run the setup i will ask to remove and reinstall it from scartch is any way to install only the feature i...
Can someone explaine how send a file (encore UTF-8.) from my PC to a web service. I use MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.6.0 to connect. Thanks...
Hi. I'm currently developing an application that consumes a Web Service using PowerBuilder 12.5. All the methods work perfectly fine inside the PowerBuilder IDE, but after deploying, some methods do not work when run from the EXE file. Some give...
Hi! Is it possible change replace row and column rule? The column headers are in left side of DW, and the records are in the columns, the row id or date is on the top of DW. I Can write an SQL which is translate the value, but the column Edit type...
Currently, each column of a datawindow “remembers” the selected keyboard language, when the user entered data. This means that when the user goes from one field to another (using mouse or tab) the keyboard language changes automatically. This is ver...
hi! PB app (and IDE) crashes when I attempt to close a window sheet on inside the open event, while running on a MDIDock frame. When it's a simple MDI frame, no problem occurs. I am wondering if it's a bad practice to close windows inside open even...
Hi all. We are using a Git repository to store our powerbuilder sources and a Teamcity server to build a setup from it.Now, when I commit changes to Git from inside Powerbuilder, this commit contains an "encoding UTF - 8".And that's a problem for Te...
Hello, I'm trying to find some references to do a CI/CD with PB2017R3 and Gitlab/Kubernete. Does someone have already experimented this ?  ...
Upon which JSON parser is PowerBuilder 2019 based? I can then reference which syntax variations are tolerated.   Thank you....
I need to delete some objects from some specific libraries i have found with a utility i developed in PowerBuilder but thereis no easy way i can delete objects through script. There is ORCA which i never used before and have no idea how to use it. ...
I need to find the ancestor name of Window.control[x]. The control is added to the window by using OpenWithParm()  Please advice Thank you, Yuri ...
I just migrated a PB 12.6 app to PB 2019 trial. A problem that occurred in 12.6, and I was hoping that it will be solved in the newer versions of PB, is related to window menus, when we use the docked interface. We have development a set of librarie...

There are no discussions available here currently