Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello All, I am following this links:https://www.appeon.com/pricing/appeon-powerserver-pricing.html https://www.appeon.com/appeon-enterprise-account-program.html   I have a customer who have :1  PB Universal Licence 3 PB Standard I am helping t...
Hello All Any plans to support the new PB2017 CrypterObject on PowerServer?...
We are using PB2017R2, running against an Oracle database. We have a local external procedure call that uses array parameters, both in and out. We began testing Oracle 18c recently, and post-upgrade we found that this procedure started failing with a...
Hi.   We have a function in our application which takes any datawindow, finds all visible columns and copies them to another datawindow for export til Excel using dw_excel.saveas(). This is done because we only want to export the visible columns t...
Hi Community,   Just installed Appeon PB2017.  export the DB profile from current PB12.5 and import to Appeon PB2017. ( on the same machine ) Encounter the ORA-12154: TNS: Could not resolve the connect identifier specified. i have no p...
Created a custom ole control as Microsoft Web Browser, how do you disable the right mouse menu.  I don't want any menus to popup in the ole?   PB2017 r3, Powerserver 2017, win10 Dave V....
Hello, I have a question, how can I do code debugging for mobile applications? I've seen that on the web if you can. Regards!...
Hello, i'm not very familiar with the iOS environment but i'm experiencing a strange behaviour when i try to trigger the doubleclicked event on a dw field.On an ANdroid device everything is working as expected, when i double click on that field the e...
Hi, I have read that in the new PB 2019 there is a Windows 10 icons pack. I cannot locate it. Under the icons list I can find only the classic PB icons. Also, does the max icon dimension remain at the mere 16*16? Thank you...
I'm trying to create a library to reference some Powerscript from within a C# application. I'm able to successfully compile within PowerBuilder, but when I try to deploy this target and create a dll, I get the following error.   [LIBRARY_NAME]_[NON...
Hi, Trying to create a simple ASP.Net Core Web API following the steps Bruce laid out in his Demo.  However, after creating the Sample Web API, nearly all of the using directives are invalid.   Example, editing SampleControler.cs, System, Microsoft...
Hi I am trying to insert some data to my database and I am getting a right truncation error - so i turned of the error checking for the erros . The data has many international characters in it. I now get a primary key exists because the data is tru...
I'm seeking advice on how to resolve 'Your are already logged in' issue for PB17.  I appreciate that you have to go to the User Center and select the licence manager -> PowerBuilder IDE ->Release User.  But for the hell of it I can't find the User Ce...
Hi All, We have numerous SQL Server Data Sources defined in our Appeon Powerserver AEM, to connect to various SQL Server Database. In our Mobile App, we use the Cachename to connect our SQLCA object to the DB. We now have a requirement to display ...
How can you detect a Powerserver Web Application running in a browser  (or any app, I need to see if our HELP files are already running in a browser)?  If I have a web app running and a user try's to open a second instance in the same or different br...
I have modal window with OK and Cancel buttons.  On OK button the modal closes and returns some string value: CloseWithReturn(Parent, ls_string) On Cancel it just closes the modal:Close(Parent) How to distinguish on  parent window that user clicke...
We deploy WebServices to IIS via PowerBuilder. This is a migration project (EA Server (PB 12.5) => IIS (PB2017 R2 Build 1769). In the application framework the usage of assigning the row data to a nonvisual object is quite often used. During the mi...
My question arises due to encountering a merge conflict while testing. When committing an object within PB it will only commit in the ws_objects folder. If you go to Windows explorer, you will see a visual representation indicating that the sub-folde...
Hi All,   did anyone has alertnative to use base64 conversion to make it work with powerServer 2019 as PB feature of coderobject is not supported in PowerServer ?   regards Pinkesh ...
This new theme option is great feature. Found 1 issue with datawindow grid style that seems a little bit strange. If datawindow object is smaller then the datawindow control the last column line is missing, is this is on purpose, or is it a bug ? ...

There are no discussions available here currently