Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I try to use Git integration in PB 2019 and use OrcaScript to (automatically) get an application from repository, refresh libraries and build application. Powerbuilder adds the PBLs with its objects to git repository. But it seems no good idea ...
Hi everyone, currently I'm using PowerBuilder 2017 connected to Oracle 19C. During some audit test of my app I received some notifications about my tool. When I have SQL scripts embedded in my code, if I run the tool and test the memory, those scrip...
Hi PBers..... I am trying to use animated gifs and I find hard to control the transparency. On gifs, transparency is totally ignored and the only work around I found was to place it on a window and make the window transparent. But this solution is n...
Hi Team, I am using Powerbuilder 12.6 classic and webservice proxy wizard to invoke the WSDL file, during this proxy wizard I am not able to move from the second step after giving the WSDL file and click next button , the wizard saying that " CANNOT...
  So, I deployed the app on localhost, the app works fine, when deployed this app via MSIon server and starting app in browser, I am getting this error.   Using PB 2019 build 2082, Universal Edition.    ...
Hi Masters and Doctors of PowerServer and Powerbuilder. Like always the novice (as I know more i learn I do not know that much) asking questions. Is there a document with the steps to follow how to do the upgrade from Powerserver 2017 to Powerserve...
I would like to get detailed instruction of all the components to download, install, and configure for smooth integration with PowerBuilder 2017 R3. Or if I move to 2019 Version....
  Hello. We were checking IWA and we realized that function Appeon saveas Native PDF, doesn't work in IWA. It exports a blank document. We saw that in a Web browser it works. Then we found in the powerserver help that it is unsupported. As it: Na...
I'm trying for the first time to create a PB 2019 version of one of our applications, and deploy it to a computer that doesn't have the IDE installed, with our installer, which I have of course modified to install the correct PB 2019 DLLs. The app j...
I added a Rows to Disk to our data window to solve memory issues. Sure it solved the memory issues, but now even on a small set of rows, the application crashes after we delete a row, then issue the Update(). Remove the rows to disk, no crash. Put it...
We have numerous windows where the icon for the window is empty. In PB 2017 Classic if the icon is empty it then displays (defaults) to the application icon, in Web no icon is showing on the windows.  Is there some setting we are missing in Powerserv...
Hi, We have our PowerBuilder Application exposed to our customer through Citrix. The customer using French system.  The data field set Edit Mask $###, ###.00. Recently we update the Citrix server to Windows server 2016. Then our customers have issue...
Can the environment object in PB 2017 R2 differentiate between Win 7 and Win 10.  All I see is windowsnt!...
I'm trying to use the autocompiler (PB 2017 R3 Build 1880) and I receive a "Creation of executable failed with a link error".  My application compiles successfully from the Powerbuilder IDE, just not with the autocompiler.  Powerbuilder is closed bef...
Hi Guys   I added my workspace to SVN  Now If I change something on an object in my working copy the icon next to it changes, but on every other working copy connected to the same Repository it does not change, it's correct?   Using Native Sourc...
Hi all!I'm having an issue when trying to deploy an application. At some point when PB starts the 'writing... ' process, it closes without any error message. If I try to build right clicking on the project -> deploy it works fine.We are currently us...
Hi, I have a problem when i want to apply a theme in application that it's in CITRIX server. In this case the appllication not apply the theme and i don't know why. Can you help me?, the citrix server is a windows 2008 R2 and when i compiled the appl...
Hi, I'm using Power Builder Version 2017 R3 Build 1858. We have an application deployed in Azure environment. During some delete operation, confirmation message box displayed is not showing the entire text value in web version. But when we deploye...
HelloI would like to save some local settings (e.g. username) on the mobile device that are NOT overwritten when the application is updated (and after reboot).For example when I'm working with Xamarin I can use Properties Dictionary to store data on ...
Or something else?...

There are no discussions available here currently