Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi All, This is INFORMATION - Not request for help You may experience issue with VS Code not recognizing C# code targeted for .NET Core 3.0 if you also have SnapDevelop installed. Same issue may occur if you have any app installed that embeds MSBui...
Does anyone know how to call a Windows API function that is defined within a Windows Interface from PowerBuilder? Specifically, I'm trying to call the ITaskbarList3::SetOverlayIcon API. The normal WinAPI strategy of defining a local external functio...
I am trying to run a java class from powerbuilder and I have seen examples where this statement is used: javavm i_jvm.When compiling, this error message appears: Illegal data type: javavm.What should I do to be able to instantiate the java virtual m...
Hi there, i wonder if there is a way to pass the connection string which is written in the "appsettings.json" of a web api as an argument during a call from a PB app (i.e. maybe inside the url of a restclient call). For example i have two ASA connec...
Hi, We are working in PowerBuilder 12.5 and it has a datawindow which has static text and dynamic texts which depends on various kinds of input to the report. i need to know how can i convert those static/dynamic english texts to spanish in datawind...
with PB2017, SQL Server 2017, ODBC 13: selected varchar(max)-values will be truncated to 32K, whereas SNC works fine. I tried embedded sql (dynamic cursor) and datawindows. Is there some datawindow parameter I can set appropriately? Thanks for some...
Good Morning, I have updated powerserver toolkit and I cannot publish an application on Google Play. This is the error: "Based on our review, we found your app’s expressed user experience did not match your declared core functionality Default Phone...
Hello, I have a question about appeon mobile. I am using appeon server2016( build 1130 ) and appeon developer2016( build 1130). I downloaded workspace apk file from my AEM homepage.   But It has a big problem. If my mobile phone is touched by n...
Hi, (this is version 2017 R3) I have data from 4 or 5 different database tables that I need to display as a single unit in the user interface (and allow for datawindow updating). It's a bit painful and messy, but I would like it to feel seemless as...
PB 2017 R2   Hi All I hope you can help, i feel this really should be a simple problem but i have not been able to sort it so far   I have a tree view window, which lists invoices in the top level , the expandable part has the invoice items , i ...
Hello, i am quite new to web apis but following the "CRUD Operations with .NET DataStore" i was able to publish my first web api, created my own data context and successfully generated my first c# datastore model. Also created the controller to retri...
I see that you use ILogger to capture errors in some of you PowerBuilder.Data objects.  I have a couple of questions.  I am not sure how to use this method other than the method you show in one of your examples. var factory = new LoggerFactory(); fa...
Hello All, i have some issues with the Appeon Xcelerator plug-in in Windows 10 first time i open a PB/PowerServer application the plugin is installed with no problems and start working until i restart the machine. for some reason the next ti...
I've wanted to knuckle-down and look at git and PowerBuilder for some time now, but have been too busy on other stuff to really get into it. We are currently using non-git based source control on Azure DevOps with the MSSCCI interface. Our main appl...
Hi, We have PowerBuilder License Server running on Windows 2008 server.  Since 2008 is end of life support, can we install PowerBuilder License Server on Windows 2016 server?  Given the PB version, do I have to go to SAP for the software or Appeon w...
Hello, We have Client-Server applications where we want the users log in with their Active Directory account.  How can we validate username and password against Active Directory?  We are using PowerBuilder 2017 R2. ...
Hello All,any one have any experience using a Client/Server Application with any TTS tool?I need to "read the text" without user intervention once it is retrieved from the database. Thanks to all...
I need install Appeon Powerbulider  2019 standard run time. I ran PBCLTRT190.msi and got error message as"attached screen shot. Please advise to solve this. I ran this as log "administrator" in the computer. Regards, Claranace...
Hi GuruI find that Powerbuilder in commit + Push also sends pbls to repositories. Why ?(I seem to notice that it happens when the system performs a merge).I attach screenshoots Every help is precious.   Gimmy     Ecosystem- Powerbuilder 2017r3...
I'm using PB2017 R3 and building a composite report which has two child-reports. Each report will be built in separate datastores where I'll adjust the report according to several criterias. When this adjusting process is complete, I want to copy the...

There are no discussions available here currently