1. Clarence Wong
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 19 September 2019 06:15 AM UTC

I need install Appeon Powerbulider  2019 standard run time. I ran PBCLTRT190.msi and got error message as"attached screen shot. Please advise to solve this. I ran this as log "administrator" in the computer.

Regards,

Claranace

Attachments (1)
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 19 September 2019 15:49 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

The first question you should ask yourself is: Do I really need this particular file?

Check the help topic 'Java Support'. Are you using a JDBC database connection? Are you using XSL-FO to save to PDF? If not, you don't need it.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 19 September 2019 15:18 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Clarence;

The PBJVM190.DLL does not need to be registered in the GAC. The problem when this happens is typically an error related to writing to the MS-Windows registry. Even though you tried running as ADMIN - its more likely that you might be running as a "local" admin only. Still not enough privileges for the entire registry. This problem is more likely to be a Windows Policy and/or Anti-Virus issue blocking your way than anything else. I would suggest checking with your O/S System Administrator(s).

BTW: What O/S version & build are you trying to install to?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
Michael Kramer Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 19 September 2019 08:44 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Clarence,

Just to clarify: You are installing the PB 2019 runtime because the machine's purpose is to be an end-user machine or demo machine similar to en end-user's machine. Correct?

/Michael

Comment
Mark Lee @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 19 September 2019 08:36 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Hi Claranace,

I suggest that you try according to the following steps.

1. Please check whether the UAC control is enabled.  If yes, please disable it and try again.
  2. Check if there are any antivirus software or Active Directory policy enabled. If yes, please disable them and try again.
  3. Please confirm if your current machine have Visual C++ redistributable X86 & X64 files installed?
  4. If you will install webservices, I would recommend you installing the Windows 10 SDK as well.
  5. Please copy the below 3 DLLs to the target folder that the MSI to be installed, but not the folder of the MSI file. (Not the folder: "C:\Windows\System32")

atl100.dll

msvcr100.dll

msvcp100.dll

You can find these DLL files in the PB install folder:

For 32bit dll, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder

For 64bit dll, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\x64

https://www.appeon.com/support/documents/appeon_online_help/pb2019/application_techniques/ch35s02.html

Regards,

Comment
Clarence Wong Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 19 September 2019 08:09 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 5

Hi Miguel, Thanks for reply.I have ran the program as right clicking and as administrator. But problem is still there.

CW

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Thursday, 19 September 2019 10:06 AM UTC
Sorry to hear that, if - after trying what Mark's suggested - it still doesn't work.... Have you tried running it NOT as administrator?

Also, are you running Kaspersky antivirus? I've had problems with it.
  1. Helpful
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 19 September 2019 06:32 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 6

I'm not sure but maybe - since there seems to be at least one library that needs to be registered - you need to run the installer "As Administrator" by right clicking on the msi and choosing that option. I don't know if that's what you did when you say "I ran this as log "administrator", but being logged in as an administrator is still not the same as right clicking on the msi and choosing "run as administrator". 

I'm not a windows expert, so don't shoot me if I'm wrong.

HTH

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.