Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I've got a DW defined with a single column text field visible with a max length of 3k.  Only a single row is retrieved.  The text field is sized to have only about two dozen lines visible at a time.  Vertical Scroll Bar and Auto Vert. Scroll che...
In Powerbuilder 2017 R3 Build 1858, I am attempting to create a small executable that parses a json API result and then both populates a database and writes image files to the local file system of the server. I will be running it as a scheduled job s...
Hi all   For my understanding ( a little bit confused here ) to get the general idea  I have a few questions : 1. with pb 2017 we didn't have the ability to develop a REST WS as a host just to consume it a as client ? 2. with pb 2017 we can cons...
How do you print from a richtextedit control. If i have a richtextedit control called rte_1 how to I print all text from it?   Thanks, Lou...
After getting your badge at the registration desk on Sunday, make your way up to race street pier (4 blocks north of the hotel) to see the Ghost Ship art installation under the Ben Franklin Bridge.    Sunday will be the only day during the conferenc...
Hi, I'm working on a mobile project and I have a WebApi created by SnapDevelop using C# model exported from a datawindow. I have no problems to retrieve the rows but now I need to update them. How can I update that rows using HttpClient, since I don...
Currently we use an ole object with IE embedded in it. Is there a ole object that uses Chrome?...
Hi All, This is INFORMATION - Not request for help You may experience issue with VS Code not recognizing C# code targeted for .NET Core 3.0 if you also have SnapDevelop installed. Same issue may occur if you have any app installed that embeds MSBui...
Does anyone know how to call a Windows API function that is defined within a Windows Interface from PowerBuilder? Specifically, I'm trying to call the ITaskbarList3::SetOverlayIcon API. The normal WinAPI strategy of defining a local external functio...
I am trying to run a java class from powerbuilder and I have seen examples where this statement is used: javavm i_jvm.When compiling, this error message appears: Illegal data type: javavm.What should I do to be able to instantiate the java virtual m...
Hi there, i wonder if there is a way to pass the connection string which is written in the "appsettings.json" of a web api as an argument during a call from a PB app (i.e. maybe inside the url of a restclient call). For example i have two ASA connec...
Hi, We are working in PowerBuilder 12.5 and it has a datawindow which has static text and dynamic texts which depends on various kinds of input to the report. i need to know how can i convert those static/dynamic english texts to spanish in datawind...
with PB2017, SQL Server 2017, ODBC 13: selected varchar(max)-values will be truncated to 32K, whereas SNC works fine. I tried embedded sql (dynamic cursor) and datawindows. Is there some datawindow parameter I can set appropriately? Thanks for some...
Good Morning, I have updated powerserver toolkit and I cannot publish an application on Google Play. This is the error: "Based on our review, we found your app’s expressed user experience did not match your declared core functionality Default Phone...
Hello, I have a question about appeon mobile. I am using appeon server2016( build 1130 ) and appeon developer2016( build 1130). I downloaded workspace apk file from my AEM homepage.   But It has a big problem. If my mobile phone is touched by n...
Hi, (this is version 2017 R3) I have data from 4 or 5 different database tables that I need to display as a single unit in the user interface (and allow for datawindow updating). It's a bit painful and messy, but I would like it to feel seemless as...
PB 2017 R2   Hi All I hope you can help, i feel this really should be a simple problem but i have not been able to sort it so far   I have a tree view window, which lists invoices in the top level , the expandable part has the invoice items , i ...
Hello, i am quite new to web apis but following the "CRUD Operations with .NET DataStore" i was able to publish my first web api, created my own data context and successfully generated my first c# datastore model. Also created the controller to retri...
I see that you use ILogger to capture errors in some of you PowerBuilder.Data objects.  I have a couple of questions.  I am not sure how to use this method other than the method you show in one of your examples. var factory = new LoggerFactory(); fa...
Hello All, i have some issues with the Appeon Xcelerator plug-in in Windows 10 first time i open a PB/PowerServer application the plugin is installed with no problems and start working until i restart the machine. for some reason the next ti...

There are no discussions available here currently