Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I was planning to deliver the new browser and noticed in Help that it says ("pbcef" folder will be automatically copied). What does that mean? I thought I would need to package up that folder and extract it during our install but that statement leads...
Hello,   I am from the IT department of my company Sedgwick. We seeking some technical support.   Situation: One of our business application is written in Power Builder 12.5 runs in an exclusive Remote Desktop environment. It makes calls to Outl...
Hi all,  i am currently creating a calendar style report that splits the AM and PM with two datawindows, however i'm finding it painfully slow to run for even a week, upto 1 minute for just a week and it only generates 6 pages. Does anyone have any ...
I ran the runtime packager and only selected my Oracle Database. When I extracted the files from the MSI I have some DLLs (and a PBD?) that I cannot find referenced in help anywhere or are required by another option I did not select. Can someone tell...
Hi,Does it matter whether I have a 64-bit or 32-bit oracle client for Powerbuilder 19 R3? /Anders...
Hi, I using PowerBuilder 2021 (beta version).   Datawindow button image displayed when running the could app in Web server.   But it not display when running in user deskotp : ...
Hello, I'm attempting to follow the instructions at https://docs.appeon.com/snapdevelop2019/Create_a_Web_API/index.html, but I'm running into an error when I attempt to Add -> New Item -> DataContext. After selecting my Server name, the, "Conn...
Will Power Client deployment will work on Jboss Application server hosted in Linux OS. Do we have any system requirements document  for the On-premise Power Client Deployment? ...
PB2019R3, b2670Windows 10, 64 bit platformI have two separate targets. Both are PB2019R3 apps.I copied the PBL from target A into target B before starting.In target A, tabpage 1 regenerates successfully, open in EDIT SOURCE, add a space, save, and it...
Hi ,   I have a question related Match pattern in PB. Is "match" work like "REGEXP_LIKE" of oracle? "select 'jj' from dual where REGEXP_LIKE( 'ada;abc;yrhfjs;37;hgs', '(abc)+*([3][6-9]|[4-9][0-9])')" Does "match" have group expression '()' and a...
Good morning GuruI need to change the window menu, but something is not working for me. Let's go in order. I have a window with a menu I don't know the name of.When certain conditions occur, I have to change the menu.In the end I have to restore th...
Dear Appeon Team, We are using MS SQL Application role in our Power Builder Desktop application, and the SP sp_setapprole called through power builder code by passing Role name and Password. We have an security issue here as the password is hard-co...
We have a client using our application through a Citrix environment, although they state it happens locally too, when they print reports it crashes once they moved to a Server 2016 environment but doesn't happen in Server 2008.  The dll it is crashin...
Hi, Why regular expression match('','^[0-9, ]*$') = false ? * (asterisk) Indicates zero or more occurrences An empty string must meet the condition.   Regards, Andrey  ...
We recently upgraded from PB 2019 to PB 2019 R3 (2670), and we're seeing a strange issue with response windows moving after they are opened. Specifically: if the window has any opening animation specified, then the window will open in a location oth...
We just moved a bunch of scheduled tasks from Win Server 2013 to 2016 and now scheduled tasks cannot print.  It leaves an instance of splwow64.exe in task manager for each print failure. Using 2019 R2. Any Ideas?...
We have Oracle 19c database and PowerServer 2020. We found an external function called by Oracle package with return as a space the, the PowerServer 2020 seems it would return as an empty string instate of a space. We don't see that happen when runni...
Tengo en una Pc con win10 instalado PowerBuilder 2019 Build 2082 1.- Migré una App de PB 12.7 a PB 2019. 2.- Corro el Deploy Proyecto, para generar App.exe + App.PBD's. 3.- Entro a una pantalla donde capturo números.    3.1. Si corro la App (App....
I needed a better select folder dialog option PowerBuilder's default GetFolder option. The base PB function is too basic in many ways. I found the "Common Item Dialog" solution Bruce Armstrong presented a while back and after some fiddling got it w...
Hi, My existing application was in PowerBuilder 12.5 and migrated the application to PowerBuilder 2019 and running in Windows 10 version 1903 desktop. When I run the application exe, the application runs fine. But when I exit from application or X it...

There are no discussions available here currently