Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi I'm looking to optimize the execution of a large application write in Pb2022 application. Opening windows takes a long time the first time while it is faster afterwards. I wonder if it might be related to loading pbd into memory. I am looking ...
We have a Powerbuilder app and it uses ole control on a window and uses Microsoft word.  If users have a 32 bit version of word installed the word document stays inside the ole control and users can edit and save document.  However if users get a new...
Hi  I'm converting a Powerbuilder project to Powerserver. Some of the windows use SQLPreview to call stored procedures to update the database. SQLPreview isn't supported by Powerserver, so I want to modify the datawindow dynamically to use the stor...
Hi, I have a drop-down-down-data-window (d_dddw_status) which has in addition of the code also R,G,B values for column background color. What I would like to do is to have the  the color of the d_dddw_status to flow to the actual data window column...
I have an application built in Powerbuilder 17 that I can access over Windows 10 without any issues. The same application migrated to PB 2022 does not open for me. The Event Viewer logs an Application Error with Exception Code 0x c000005. My other co...
Our applications use Dynamic SQL Type 4 to execute SQL server select statements and stored procedures which return a single row.  We use Dynamic SQL Type 4 as we have a user object that executes the SQL and does all the necessary checking. It return...
Hi  Our standard practice is to use views in datawindows for retrieval.  This avoids putting complex SQL in datawindows. It also allows to change the view behind the scenes if we decide to use different tables in the view.  We have to specify the u...
I have a customer that has a brand new computer and was trying to install my application.  He keeps getting the following error: He downloaded all the files from my FTP site. I included the following files in his download: atl100.dllmsvcp100.dllm...
Me again! Today when testing my app, I keep getting a popup asking for a retrieval argument for edit_user.  That's not a field I would ever do a retrieval argument on. Not sure why PB is asking for a retrieval argument. The window I'm opening has...
Hi all, I thought I'd play around with the RichText edit style on one of the fields in a datawindow.  I don't want the toolbar to show up every time I click in that field. Rather, I'd like something like the CTRL+ALT+D (or some other shortcut) to po...
Hi Guys, Is it possible to trigger both the ButtonClicked and the Clicked DataWindow events when clicking a button in a DW control? On a window I have a DataWindow control containing a button. The button's properties are as follows: SuppressEvent...
I have used SharedObject functions to do multi-threading so I am familiar with the concepts. My app doesn't have a user interface. The main thread runs in the background listening for processing requests via Winsock. The first question is about re-u...
Hi II'm trying to download files from Dropbox In  pb app. I tried to use the rest api, as was demonstrated on Kevin's webinar. That works well, but the access token used is temporary only... And expires.  How can I code a script for that, but wit...
Hi all,   We are experimenting on using rich text edits in our program, when we had a question about which data type can rich text edit uses. I tried to search up some articles but did not find a definitive answer and was hoping someone on here as ...
Hi, We just migrate our PowerBulder SOAP Webesrvices from 12.5 to 2021 (connecting to an Oracle 12 database). We deployed the MSI file on our IIS server and we moved manualy the content of runtime folder (21.0.0.1509) and DotNet bin folder (located...
I'm changing the length of some database columns that are on a lot of reports to allow 40 instead of 20 characters. To avoid changing the portrait-mode tabular reports to landscape, I'm leaving the width of the report field the same, and changing bot...
Hello, Shall we expect a beta for PB 2022 R2?  Is there any plan for that? Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprakash  ...
Hi, We're having problems with the app not updating at the client when we update it at the server. We're having to delete the app from C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\PBApps\Applications and hit the download link again in order to get the new version. ...
I recently converted my app to PowerServer.  I am starting to do some performance enhancements and would like to use the startmerge / endmerge when making calls to the SQL server.  Whenever I investigate this I repeatedly see the following link. htt...
I am trying to debug why my PowerServer application is crashing when I click on a field in a datawindow.  In the process, I have had the application crash 5 times today.  Now, when I attempt to debug the application I get the error below (screenshot ...

There are no discussions available here currently