Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I started testing HTTPClient for the Appeon Mobile app this week. I'm using the json placeholder test API and the same code as in your tutorial:PowerBuilder 2017 R2 New Feature: REST - Appeon Community It works on desktop as expected but when ...
Hello, PB 2019R3 in Windows Server 2008R2 and Theme Theme is not getting applied in the application deployed in Windows Server 2008R2.  Is there any compatibility issue in using theme in this windows server ? Application is working fine in our lim...
Hello, We are in the process of migrating a pocketbuilder application to powerbuilder. what did we do? 1. we migrated from Pocketbuilder 2.5.2 to Powerbuilder 10.5      After the migration we fixed the errors and warnings. The application ran oke...
Hi, Do you know why below error return when connection to ODBC-ASE 64 bit  database ?  Fail: PowerServer[0] ErrorMessage: Database connection or transaction is not opened, commit is invalid .MoveNext() -- End of stack trace from previous location...
Hai dears, Does anyone use the medical lab integration application with powerbuilder ?.  I used Winsock method to collect and send data (HL7, Normal...) between the systems through tcp/ip protocol and it is working successfully.  But, some machine...
Hello, I've just created a WebAPI project in SnapDevelop (2019 R3), and as it opens I get these errors. It seems that it does not find SnapObjects library and I have not found how to deal with this. I tried to add a DataContext file just to test ...
Hi guys , I was trying to deal with a datawindow which is composite style,due to the report was complex I tried to use this style though,it was combined by 11 datawindows and each datawindow has a retrieve agruement which is a string, due to the PB i...
Hi, I previously had a mobile app that I'd packaged up and run successfully.  In between then and now, we've upgraded from PB 2017 to PB 2019 R2, and upgraded our production environment to Azure.  I've also upgraded to the developer version of Power...
Hello community, we are testing PowerClient feature and we have not find a way to handle the following case - an app is using .ini file which needs to be accommodated for each client individually. So we tried to modify the .ini file after a deployme...
Hi Appeon Team, I am looking into the possibility to subscribe PS2021 License, deploy PS2020 + testing/finetuning PS2021, for the reason: 1. With Microsoft announcement on IE retirement coming year, we need move RDS application to PS2020 Web deploy...
Hi,  We wish to create some application forms which will be called by html page.  These application forms are preferably webpages. Is there any option in PowerBuilder to create them?    Kind regards, Falguni...
Does anyone know a way to get the coordinates and size of the tab part of a tabpage (i.e. the part that the user clicks to select that particular tabpage in a tab control)?  ...
Hi I am evaluating the possibility to develop an application in PowerBuilder with connection to an SQL Server database to be able to run it on web browser on a tablet/smart phone.  We are using PowerBuilder 2019R2 with Microsoft SQL Server database...
We have a small RTE in one of our applications, used only by our staff. It is using the Built-In TX Text Control. It is set to WordWrap, and if I right-click in it when I'm running the compiled program and pick Properties from the popup menu, it sho...
Hi!I'm having a look at the PowerClient feature and I wonder if it's possible to do a build/deploy of a PowerClient project from pbc/orcascript or similar? We would like some way to avoid the manual process of building and deploying.   Regards,Nicl...
We have a government client that has strict security protocols in place.  We deployed their application to a remote web server using PowerClient and I can download and run it from my machine just fine as can others who are not on the client network. ...
Could you let me know about grind control and scatter charts in 11.5 version.  I want to create by scripts from where I can get source code to understand how we can add controls on window at runtime.  I just want to add single line edit controls on...
When we update to PB2019 R3, then we compile. In order to deploy our applications the new runtime files that need to be renamed so that the version number indicator (such as "170", "190") is gone, will need to be deployed as well. Is this correct? I'...
Here there, I am facing issue to update large amount of data back to database vs datastore, IIS deployment, and still waiting for advising from Appeon support team.   As part of testing, I have tried to deploy PS by using Visual Studio IDE, when r...
Hi I am evaluating the possibility to develop an application in PowerBuilder with connection to an SQL Server database to be able to run it on web browser on a tablet/smart phone.  We are using PowerBuilder 2019R2 with Microsoft SQL Server database...

There are no discussions available here currently