1. Tracy Lamb
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 3 April 2023 20:31 PM UTC

I have a customer that has a brand new computer and was trying to install my application.  He keeps getting the following error:

He downloaded all the files from my FTP site. I included the following files in his download:

atl100.dll
msvcp100.dll
msvcr100.dll
gdiplus.dll

He's running the installer from the same directory. His new computer has Windows 11, 64-bit.  My program is 32-bit, hence he's installing PB Runtime 32-bit.

I asked him to try installing BT11 (my application) on a machine that is already running BT10.  If BT10 is running, I'm assuming all of the other prerequisites are in place.  He'll get back to me tomorrow...

any ideas?

~~~Tracy

***UPDATE: My customer installed PB2021 on an existing comptuter with no problems***

Accepted Answer
Tracy Lamb Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 12 April 2023 18:41 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

I think the 32-bit dll's I provided weren't right... I sent my customer the correct ones, but he decided to install my 64-bit software instead, no problems.  So, he hasn't tested with the new drivers I sent.  Hopefully I got the right dll's ... I don't have another computer I can test with. Will close this question for now (don't like having unresolved questions hanging around.)

Thank you all for your ideas/suggestions

~~~Tracy

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 6 April 2023 14:56 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

PB 2021 version of PBJVM.DLL has dependencies on PBSHR.DLL and MSVCR100.DLL. PBSHR.DLL has a dependency on MSVCR100.DLL and MSVCP100.DLL.

So PBSHR.DLL, MSVCR100.DLL, and MSVCP100.DLL will have to be present.

Comment
Sivaprakash BKR Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 4 April 2023 06:43 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

With my PB 2019 R3 application, copying those alt100.dll, msvcp100.dll, msvcr100.dll files before running the runtime installer solved this issue.  I used to copy those 3 files in c:\windows directory.  

My guess is that the installer couldn't find those 3 files.  Why not copy those files in a directory that's been included in Path and try.   

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Wednesday, 5 April 2023 16:47 PM UTC
Hi Tracy,

Here's a little tool that you can use for the check: https://securityxploded.com/exe-64bit-detector.php

regards
  1. Helpful 1
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Wednesday, 5 April 2023 16:50 PM UTC
EXE 64bit Detector is the simple command-line tool to find if the file is 32-bit or 64-bit Executable. You can specify any valid PE file like EXE, DLL, OCX etc.
  1. Helpful 1
  1. Andreas Mykonios
  2. Thursday, 6 April 2023 13:19 PM UTC
Generally speaking the simplest way to check is to compare the size of each file. Normally x64 and x32 (of that exact same runtime version) will have different size and from my experience so far x64 one will be larger than x32. Of course using a utility like the one Miguel suggested may be easier. Usually I do check pbvm.dll with the size of those located in .\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 21.0.0.xxxx and .\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 21.0.0.xxxx\x64 folders.

Andreas.
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 3 April 2023 23:07 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Tracy;

The PBJVM is the Java Virtual Machine support module. It could be with all the Java vulnerabilities this past few years that their antivirus is set to block such installs (just my best guess).

Note that this was one of the main reasons that Java was removed from PB 2022. Food for thought. HTH 

Regards... Chris 

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.