Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I wanted to share the following situation, in case there is a solution for this.I'm using PB2022, build 1900 and the database is Oracle 19 I'm getting the error "The Int64 type is not compatible..." and below is an example of a situation where ...
Hi All I have a dwo with only one column in it. I made that column's edit style 'RadioButtons' with Yes, No, and Maybe 3 options in it to start. During the run time, I am able to manipulate those options to only display Yes and No, or Yes and Maybe...
Does anyone else have issues with the PowerBuilder IDE and UltraEdit not playing well together? For years, I have been unable to run my app from the PB IDE more than once. On second attempts to run the app from the same IDE session, it crashes and I ...
Hi Folk Sorry to ask what is a basic question, but I have never connected to RESTful Web services before. Soap was the only protocol I have used and that was some time ago. I need an example and instructions that relate to PB2022. I have heard th...
How can we generate GS1-128 barcode from PB. GS1-128 is a globally defined standard for barcode. please share your thoughts...
Hi, We have a Ribbonbar where Add has been allocated the shortcut Ctrl+A. Our users wish to change this to Ctrl++, but I get an error message in the toolbar editor when I try this: The 'Shortcut' attribute is invalid - The value 'Ctrl++' is invali...
Hi, I have installed PB 2022 R2 and MS SQL Server 2019 to a Windows 2019 server on Azure. While installing PB I could not connect to SQL server to install demo database. Now same problem when I try to create Power Server Project. From PB IDE I ca...
Hi all,   I am using PowerBuilder 2022 Build 1892 and we have a user who opens many windows from our application and at time they have response type windows open and it gets lost inside everything. They report that the application is frozen and jus...
Hi I try PowerBuilder 2022 R2 using  smtpclient lnv_smtpclientlnv_smtpclient = create smtpclient lnv_SmtpClient.Message.Subject = "SMTPClient Test Message"   when I send the email the subject Not appears the email arrive but whitout subject wh...
Hello, My connection with the sqlserver is by OLEDB. I have a datawindow with a columns style type richtext corresponding to varchar(max) fields in sqlserver. The problem is that the maximum char of the field is 32766. How can I save richtext fie...
Hi, After upgrading to 2022, we have decided to move away from orca and use PBAutoBuild220.exe   If we set RefreshPbl to false in ... "Merging": [ {"Target": ".\\gtpolicy.pbt","LocalProjectPath": ".","RefreshPbl": false} ], the pbl files are re...
Hi, I have created an application for a customer, that sends email through users Outlook. It has worked without problems for years. For some time ago we switched the distribution of the application into Cloud App launcher model. Works fine. Now we...
Hello All,I hope you get my concern by looking on to the following explanation. I would be delighted with any help here as we are facing one issue frequently now after upgrading our systems to Windows 11.I have attached a sample code here which might...
Recently we have found several instances where buttons (and occasionally the severity icon) on message boxes are disappearing. The button will typically come back if you hover your mouse over it. This is happening with Yes/No message boxes and is onl...
Hello, everyone.I am looking for a way to transfer large binary files (>100MB) both ways using a web service as a client in PB19R3. For example with the help of stream, see below the client code in C#.  Is this a reasonable solution and how to rew...
According to the website these are planned for PB2022 R2 beta?  Right now we have integrated Apache eCharts with PB and can render a chart from any datawindow using this tool.  Howeverm if the graph changes from PB are really good perhaps we should r...
Hello, PB Any version, currently trying in PB 2022 Need to a create a signature field (to substitute with Digital signature later).   Is that possible now with native or with third party tools?If with Native, then an area to be marked for Signature...
how can i get the group definition and the sort of a group on a datawindow with datawindow.describe()?  ...
Hi all, I am using  outlook by OLE from within my PB application. ( 2017 r3 build 1858 ) I am setting all the parameters like : to , body , attach .. I want to add the user default signature as he configured within the outlook Does any one have a...
Hello all, I have a window with a picture control on it.The control shows photos taken by smartphones and compact cameras.Unfortunately, the control does not correctly interpret the exif data such as orientation and aspect ratio.As a result, the pho...

There are no discussions available here currently