Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi guys, I'm trying to test an LDAP authentication login service used in secure mode (LDAPS); The port used for listening is 636. I'm doing the test with PB12_5 but at the end i'll have to do it with PB2019. I downloaded the pb2ldap zip from "http...
Hi, I wish to create an Email enabled helpdesk application. This application allows user to: 1) Receive email for helpdesk email id.  2) Send / Reply to email enquiries using application . 3) Analyse emails which are not yet responded. 4) The re...
Hi, I need some guidance or advice on Power Server deployment.  We have some Power builder applications which has master detail window, list window, tree view controlled windows, tab windows - form and master detail layouts. Since, Power Server 20...
Hello Appeon Folks, Greeting! I need to increase the column size of one database field. What is the best and optimal way to reflect those changes in all Powerbuilder objects where it has been referenced? Thanks, Vipin...
Hi, When overriding an ancestor, you can call the ancestor's script by doing: super::event pfc_some_event( ) Now what I have to do is call the script of the ancestor of the ancestor.I've tried: super::super::event pfc_some_event( ) but of course...
Salesdemo_cloud works when running on development pc.  When starting Salesdemo_cloud from browser at different pc's (see attachment) than development pc: I am getting : Application execution error (R0222)  Application terminated. "Error cannot c...
Hi,   I am testing PB2021 Beta deployment of salesdemo_cloud   app. Deployment described in : https://www.appeon.com/products/powerserver    and https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r3/pbug/ch07s03.html#tutorial_deploying_your_first_PowerClient_project...
Hi. I was testing PowerBuilder 2021. One thing I wanted to try was to migrate an application from PB 2019 R3 to 2021 Beta and then test it. After I wanted to use PB 2019R3 2670 runtime (from PB 2021 IDE) to rebuild that application. But it seems tha...
--- EDITED --- n_osversion.of_pbvmname(), used by the code waaay below, will return "pbvm190.dll" for ALL different versions of powerbuilder 2019. I've adapted it in the hope it will now also return the correct name for pb2019 R3, R2 and R1.So my be...
Hi, from Peru I have a question.   I'm using PB 2017 I must save image into sharedfolder How to access the shared network folder protected by username/password?   Thanks....
Hi, I am wanting to run a .bat with the RUN function, but not run the .bat in PB R3 version...
Hi Guys, I hope someone can throw some light on this. I have a window w_ord_detail which has been inherited from w_ord. There are 2 copies of w_ord in two different libraries lib1 and lib2. Say lib1 is higher on my library list, my application woul...
Hello, How can I get the appeon sample database in Oracle? Thanks in advance for your help.  ...
Buenos dias, estoy intentando crear un Ejecutable desde el PB2019 y se muestra este error check if tha application file exists and it is a valid executable file Alguno de ud a pasado por este problema  ...
Hello, I am having a problem when creating multiple PDF reports, I have to print a lot of reports using a composite datawindow, then i decided use the function save as , using a system produced filename, when i use this file name the saveas funct...
Hi, Under web APIs database configuration, apparently you cannot use the same transaction object name for different cache name (database). How an application run on different database on different occasion, if the application transaction object n...
As the Administrator for the Appeon PowerBuilder account I receive email notifications pertaining to the account, however, all the users of the PowerBuilder licenses received the same email.  Is there a way to turn off email notifications for the use...
Hi All,   I have a scenario where I need a main datawindow with child datawindow. Both datawindows has Update properties correctly configured. My issue is I cannot make datawindow editable. I mean though the tab order is defined, the edit option i...
Hi, Was wondering if there is any way to set the default font of a RichTextEdit control at runtime? I'd like the control to remember what the user has chosen and to default to this the next time they access the control. Part of the problem is the u...
I am testing Powerserver 2021 with one app, on development machine al works fine, but when deploy the app to a server and try to access the client app gives a License Error, using Fiddler is returning the error attached in the image  ...

There are no discussions available here currently