Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello i have a question, webbrowser object works fine with https pages, but for those https that are not certificated... it show Page failed to load. error -7 time out, Is there a way to set certificate = false in webbrowser objects or something li...
Hi, We have inherited a legacy PB application and whilst going through the code recently I noticed the following (in PFC of all things): if IsValid (gnv_app) then if IsValid(gnv_app.inv_debug) then if IsValid (gnv_app.inv_debug.inv_sqlspy) the...
Hello all -  We upgraded to PB2021 and migrated application and compiled and deployed. exe runs on the developer machine. What do I need to do to get the new app running on a user computer ?   What dlls ?   Runtime installer ? Thank you so very m...
Good day,   Need help... I using table blob for the e-signature. Why is the keyclause in datawindow table blob control does not allow variable? for example ID = :ID, column id <ID> and retrieval argument <:ID>.   A pop error message...
I'm using PowerBuilder 2019 R3 and the documents are way outdated and only allow for Visual Studio 8.0 and below and the code examples lead you to 404 page not found.  We have the PB as a frontend but need to communicate with COBOL programs that are ...
Downloaded PowerBuilder 2021 and installed for testing and evaluation as I want to buy developer license if this solves my client's requirements. QR code is working fine with statictext control, as font and font size can be chosen at control level...
Dear all, how do you integrate new controls, like DatePicker, MonthCalendar, Animation? Simply add into pfcmain.pbl and pfemain.pbl, as well as in the places where a case query makes the type distinction, or is there a specific procedure for this? ...
I am receiving the below error when running a function, but if I run the function with a different dataset, then this works without issue. Nothing is changing between runs except the dataset being loaded, but one returns the error, and the other does...
Hello, I had a lot of problems with the Powerbuilder version 2021 build 1311, PB crashes with a lot of objects, I need more time to review the problems. Meantime I have a backup before the migration, I would like to downgrade the build to 2021 1288, ...
I am using the SnapDevelop 2021 Powerscript to C# migrator tool.  I received the not supported errors on the CrypterObject. as shown below: // [ERROR0008] Translation of the enum value(AES!) is not supported. // [ERROR0008] Translation of the enum v...
Anyone have a reliable way to get a list of SQL Servers using PowerBuilder 2021? Either as native PowerBuilder PowerScript code, possibly by using odbc32.dll or NetServerEnumerate api function calls or perhaps another way? I need to be able to popu...
I have download and migrate the code to power builder 2019 still my zip and unzip is not working. And im not able to zip and unzip the file for the code which I downloaded  from https://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_zlibwapi.html  plese hel...
Hola a todos, quisiera que nos ayudaran en lo siguiente, tenemos el power builder 2021 pro, migramos los archivos fuente del 2019 a la 2021, generamos el ejecutable de una aplicacion en la 2021 desarrollada con la 2019, generamos el paquete de librer...
Hi there, one of our customers would like to use Powerbuiler on Windows Server 2022. Questions:Does anyone have any experience with it?Is the MS Server 2022 supported?If so, in which version. We are currently using PB2019R3 2670 Thanks in advance...
Hi, Since PB2021, even the simplest application consisting of an empty window, makes McAfee react. The application is flagged as "Trojan horse" and the exe is deleted. The same application built with PB2019R2 doesn't make McAfee react. What is the...
Hello, We have PowerBuilder 2019 and PowerBuilder 2021 used in our offices.  We use 2019 to deploy apps as PowerClient apps and they work great.   We have an issue where it appears that PowerClient 2021 and PowerClient 2019 apps CANNOT run on the sa...
Just an opinion. This site is (was) very useful. APPEON - Powered by Kayako Fusion Help Desk Software But unfortunately seems not to be maintained. Andreas.  ...
Hi. I always remember we were said that when we deploy an executable the accompanying runtime should be the exact same release to avoid instability. Is this still the same? I ask because while reading help file we are a little confused. It is stated...
I have a composite dw with tree reports (dw_1, dw_2, dw_3). dw_2 is the last one in the page which contain in the footer 5 buttons. Well when I retrieve the composite dw the buttons do not display. So I say let me change the location of the buttons i...
Hello, I'm trying to convert a PB2019 C/S application to PowerServer 2021. That application was created years ago in PB7. During deployment, while splitting a PBD file, I get the message : "Failed to split the PBD file because the PBR file contains...

There are no discussions available here currently