1. ARTURO QUIROGA
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 12 November 2021 14:30 PM UTC

Hello, I had a lot of problems with the Powerbuilder version 2021 build 1311, PB crashes with a lot of objects, I need more time to review the problems. Meantime I have a backup before the migration, I would like to downgrade the build to 2021 1288, but the installer doesn't show the option.

How can I downgrade from Powerbuilder 2021 build 1311 to PB 2021 build 1288?

Thank you.

Accepted Answer
Andreas Mykonios Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 12 November 2021 15:07 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi.

The problems you are facing occurs when you execute the application from the IDE or when you work with controls - code while developing (write code - edit windows - datawindows e.t.c.)? If its when you run your application from the IDE, then I would suggest to switch the runtime you use to 1288.

Otherwise you will have to uninstall and reinstall the IDE and all it's compnents. But in any case try first to change the IDE the way I mentioned. After switching the runtime in the IDE, you will have to close and restart PB. Also it will ask regenerate the code for runtime 1288, you will have to do that. If you then see issues remain, then you will probably have to reinstall PB in GA (1288).

Andreas.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
ARTURO QUIROGA Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 12 November 2021 15:45 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Andreas, thank you for your answer.

Yes, the problems are in both ways, developing and running from PB IDE, a lot of objects when I open them, PB IDE closes with no message, perhaps my files were damaged in the migration process, I'll try to migrate again.

I followed your instructions and the problem was solved, I could work with build 1288 and my backup, thank you!

Have a great day.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.