Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Working on deploying my application in PB 2021 1311 Oracle 19, Oracle Client 19c. I was in an earlier version of the PB 2021, and went into it this week and was upgraded to Build 1311. It said to check my Database Config on the Web APIs, and I did th...
I try call .net function (copy form PB help Calling .NET Assembly in an Application) imported by .NET DLL Importer  //array argument public void TestByteArray(byte[] bArray) { for(int i = 0; i < bArray.Length; i...
We have some autocomplete code in our base DW and a service object, for use in editable DDLB style columns in DWs, that works quite well, except for a few edge cases. I'm just wondering whether anyone has some bullet-proof proven code for that, that ...
Hi together, when I create a lot of tabpages on a TabControl programmatically with OpenTab, the left/right arrow buttons to scroll through all the tabpages are not displayed. Trying with Multiline TRUE/FALSE didn't work.   Anybody an idea how can...
Hi Guru  on my old powerbuilder 7.0 and sql2000 program,  my program can display special characters on my database. but  migration into powerbuilder 2019 and sql2016 database that cannot display special characters , is there anything missing.  WIL...
Hi All Pb users, We start to change our old Oracle database 11gr2 32-bit by a new 12c 64-bit + 12c client 32-bit to work with Pb 2017R3 IDE which is 32-bit of course. The data base is working fine and can be reach both with SQLPLUS and Oracle sql d...
I have recently inherited a PowerBuilder 10.5.1 application that was originally created with PB5 with PFC and migrated.  Before I purchase PB2021, will this application migrate to the newest version of Appeon PB2021?...
PowerBuilder 2019R3, b2703Oracle 12C and PostgreSQL v12IDE:     Windows 10 64 bit o/sRuntime: Windows 19 server Update:   Perhaps the header portion of the Global Variables is fixed and gets overwritten at some schedule known only to PowerBuilder. I...
Hello, Using PB 2019 R3 Would like to have your suggestions in designing a modern UI using Themes.   With many competitors here, our customers started feeling that the UI is not that modern.  We tried with a demo application in PB 2019 R3, using th...
Hi I've created a cloud app (PowerServer 2020) and deployed as IWA. Installation of the IWA was successful (downloading and installing) but no shortcut was created on the desktop. I've searched for the AppeonIWAShell.exe and created shortcut manuall...
Is it possible to view previous ISIR records and print them after multiple records come in? For example, after ISIR number 2 has come through, is it possible to view/print ISIR #1?...
Hello,  We have an app with about 423 different sql queries that use *= in them which is causing errors when migrating to a newer sql server.   Apparently this syntax was deprecated in the early 90s and it is was used for left outer joins. Do any ...
PowerBuilder 2019R3, b2703 Oracle 12C and PostgreSQL v12 IDE:       Windows 10 64 bit o/s Runtime: Windows 19 serverWhat components are required to get the SAVE AS into a PDF file to work correctly?Do I need the Sybase Datawindow PS driver? If so, is...
hello, we are consuming web services from our PowerBuilder application using HTTPClient, and the web services in the near future will require TLSv1.2 and next TLS v1.3 1.2 is already supported but is there a plan to support 1.3 in the next releases? ...
Good morning, I have a window with a Key event (pbm_keydown) with the following code to call the help: IF KeyDown(KeyF1!) THEN    pb_help.TriggerEvent(Clicked!)END IF Inside the window I have many objects of all kinds (dw, st, tab, btn,...) an...
Please i want to use  Encoding UTF-8  i am get  this       sle_message.text = "albloshi0551100624حسين البلوشي"Blob lblb_dataString ls_Base64Strlblb_data = Blob("EncodingUTF8", EncodingUTF8!)   how can i  use my ver  sle_message ?CoderObject lnv_Cod...
Hi How do I bring a sheet to front in MDI, with focus and drawing, as the selection via the Window menu bar would? I am updating this application's task launcher so that when a task opens a sheet but it is already open, the sheet is brought to fron...
testing fileservice.aspx come out with error : Appeon.FileService.Util.ParseException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream. at Appeon.FileService.Parser.parse(Stream inStream) at Appeon.FileService.FileServiceExecutor.execute(HttpContext Con...
Hello, PB 2019 R3 and PB 11.5 in Windows 10 We have different projects developed in both PB 2019 and PB 11.5.    Sometimes PB 11.5 closes when we try to open a window in the IDE.  This happens only when PB 2019 R3 is already open and active.   The ...
Hello, PB 2019 R3, Postgresql 11 I could store and retrieve image files that's stored from the Powerbuilder application.   Now through a mobile application, they store images in the same database that PB applications need to retrieve and update.   ...

There are no discussions available here currently