Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
In my 2019R3 development environment I have a database profile setup to an ODBC connection defined for a postgres database. The schema for the tables in this database is in postgres instead of public. The connection works, but I get a message saying...
Our application package is installing some PowerBuilder standard installation to run but it not working in Windows 2019 Server. Could you please tell me whether this version of PowerBuilder standard installation (PB 2019 Build 2082) is compatible wit...
Hi, Does anybody know how to get PowerServer to include datawindows against temporary tables in the cs-solution ? In our application we have some datawindows which are created to work against temporary tables. When we create the PowerServer solutio...
Hi: I finished my application then deployed OK,the execution file could run normally at my computer,but will display message "Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server (MSOLEDBSQL) is not installed" when it started at other computers,would you can give...
Hi all, Is there a way to determine the "bitness" of an application at runtime?  I'd like to update my About window to include (Version, 64-bit) or (Version, 32-bit).  Right now it just displays (Version).  Using PB2021 and PFC12.5. ~~~Tracy...
Hi All. I am using PB 2019 R3 with Native PDF enabled.  Until recently I had been generating PDF files from PB using GhostScript 9.19 with no issues. Has any here had issues with creating PDFs from datawindows, but the resulting PDF changes some of...
Hi,   In my x64 refactoring of a ton of code I need to convert a String to LongPTR. How can I do that? I have a handle to a window is stored as string and ny SDK function involving a handle musrt be of tupe LongPTR Using PB2019R3   Thanks    ...
for Prior PB beta installs , we always used a VM to test it out since it would at least require an uninstall for GA, and possibly break existing PB versions.   Is this still recommended, or should we expect to be able to install beta versions on a ...
PB2019R3Windows 10, 64 bit platformPostgreSQL 12 databaseI want to create an object where the user can create a formatted NOTICE or ANNOUNCEMENT. The control should be displayed and the user should be able to enter a header, a detail string, and a fo...
Hi there, I would like to convert numbers to words, if anything is ready in PB please let me know, or advice. Thank you...
Hello we have a problem in power builder 2017 or power builder 11.5 with internet explorer and edge. Using the ole_browser object of type microsoft web browser and using microsoft internet explorer as web browser it works and we can upload files to...
Hello,   How to include external .EXE file created in C++ as part of PowerServer Client files download and launch it from PowerBuilder application with a link?   In PowerServer project -> External Files tab, I couldn't select .EXE file in "Add...
I can't open the 2019 R3 Powerbuilder IDE anymore. I was running a process that appeared to hang, so I closed powerbuider (and the application process). I tried to run PB 2019 R2, but it showed the splash screen, then dropped to the bottom, and I c...
I test PB 2022 1 week all goob until yesterday , when make application cloud dsitribution , some machine not updating and say this message some windows 10 some windows 11   thanks  Luis...
Hello, I am struggling with an apparently simple process. Need to pass a String from one application in Powerbuilder to another Application in Powerbuilder. As I'm doing: APP1: "Send (gl_handle, 1024, 0, 'Hello World')" APP2: event pbm_custom01 ...
I've started using HttpClient in place of my API based WinHttp object. One test used SendRequest to send a string that was 138,000 bytes and it just hangs. I checked the help and it says that there is a limit of about 20 MB. The limit appears to be...
As GetSQLPreview() became obsolete some time ago, we are finally removing the use of this, replacing it with the sqlsyntax argument. We have one issue here: If the sqlsyntax is changed in a parent window (sqlpreview event), and one want to do furth...
Hi Appeon, I've got an open Q&A with several replies.  When I go to My Q&A, all questions show up fine.  I tried to open the question "How to find out the class/type of Message.PowerObject" to reply and mark one as the solution.  Every time ...
I have a client who will be running several apps in PowerServer 2021 and thus I want to setup IIS with a multiple-site configuration.  To this end, I went through the tutorials in an effort to get this properly configured.  Here is what I've done: ...

There are no discussions available here currently