Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi all, I need to be able to re-arrange rows on my dw with dragdrop.  This works fine in my legacy code.  I'm using PB2021 and PFC 12.5 .    My dw has row select service on, one row at a time.  When I set the dw DragAuto option ON, the row select d...
Hi, Just curiosity: I'm editing the source code of a datawindow in which most fields have tabsequence 0. However, in the source code that seems to be the same as  tabsequence=32766. I've never noticed this before and I'd expect a value of 0 instead...
Hi all. PB2019R2 Is there is the way to change a color of the selected row in datawindow? I think i did see something or hear something about modifying something for drop down listbox in theme.json file. Or maybe i am just delusional. :roll: Any...
Hello Everyone, We are launching an application from Citrix Server from our local workstation after the application is opened user clicks the File --> PrintSetup menu, in the Print Setup window the default printer shows as the citric server defau...
Hi Appeon,   will there be a new beta drop ? I would very much like to continue testing the x64 debugging feature and x64 deployment when the x64 external call showstopper issue is fixed :-) (The one Roland Smith reported a while ago)   thanks ...
Hi All. We've noticed that the query below, that appears in the pdobd.ini file (both in PB17 and PB21) SelectDefault='select y.name, x.text from syscomments x, syscolumns y where x.id = y.cdefault and y.id = OBJECT_ID(''&TableOwner.&TableNa...
I have migrated our application from PB10 to PB21. In testing we noticed a process that was taking longer in PB21. Using profile tracing, I was able to isolate the problem to a section of code that changes dataobjects for 4 of the sub reports of a ne...
Hello, I'm using the n_smtp tool to send mail via PB. I experience a problem with the body of the mail cut after a certain number of characters. It seems that the send function (of_send) cuts the text at a position. Text before send : <html&g...
Hello, PB 2019 R3What's the order of objects (columns) fetched while executing dw_1.Describe("Datawindow.Objects") ? We have a generic routine that reads and displays all columns in a datawindow by executing the describe command.   That lists all c...
PowerBuilder 2019 Build 2170 We have a PFC based app and are having weirdness with response windows and where they are located. Scenario: Move the app's frame window to monitor #2. Choose a menu item that opens a Main! window that inherits from w...
Our Admin installed new Git and Windows updates. After that we could not Pull or Push from Powerbuilder. We got this message:  ---------- Source Control: Errors   (13:39:20)Git detail error info: Unknown certificate check failureGit client error co...
I'm once again trying to sell my successful 15-year-old PowerBuilder-based business, which develops, sells and supports two software programs for churches, charities, other faith groups, and nonprofits. This time I'm doing it through a business brok...
Hello, Our team is having a problem inserting a record in a table with a auto increment column(table hint), I made a test in my workstation with PB R3, and i did not have any error in execution time, but the group using PB R2 is not able to insert...
Hi,   I'm working on an old Powerbuilder database, version 11.5 and I'm updating it to the newest version: Version: 2021 Build: 1509. Migration assistant was used and it looked like a success. All historic 'Warnings' fixed So I did a full build,...
Hello Appeon Team, I am working to create the JSON using JSONGenerator and then making httpclient call to send those Json file as payload. We have frontend screen to take JSON fields value like comment, sales number, qty etc. The comment box is a te...
Hi All. Researching how Copy multiple files from local folder to AWS S3 via appeon-pb (2019) script. Looks like there is a few options  Have anyone done it? Thank you. Sincerely Vlad...
Hello.  Not sure if this is the right place to obtain help.  Please let me know if I should post elsewhere.    Receive this message when I double click on any data window in my library.  I have attached a screenshot.  When I close it (yellow X in s...
In SQL, We have option for On Existing Update or skip where as in Datawindow, we need to first find and take action. If ON EXISTING UPDATE or ON EXISTING SKIP properties, then lot of script writing can be avoided.      ...
Dear all Since I installed PowerBuilder 21, the result of my search output is deleted after each new search. How can I prevent this (can't find the property/checkbox for this)? I prefer to keep the search results until I delete them by myself (Conte...
How to find whether PB application running is a classic built or Power client Built through code ? ...

There are no discussions available here currently