Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I want you to know that I'm completely new about using RibbonBar. Now here my problem. I created a ribbonbar thru the RibbonBar Tool. Everything looks good in the design. When I run the application thru the IDE the ribbonbar is loaded and it displ...
Appeon PowerBuilder 2021 - Data window Style - Grid. I have check box ( computed column name - confirm ) data value on 1 , off 0.  There are multiple rows (data) during runtime in this data window. by clicking header text (confirm)  all below rows ...
Hai,a I careated a datawindow and migrated to Snap to create API. While I am test the API with Web API Tester comming the below error.   ...
Hi all, With all the problems I was having with the Brother printer COM server, I thought I'd try writing my own in C# (VS2015). Mine is very simple right now. It just prints a sample label.  I wrote a second C# console program to test... works fine...
Hai, Any chance to create Rest API from Powerbuilder directly without snapdevlopment ?. (bcz I am zero in C#) Now I am using IDE Version 2021 and Build 1509....
Hello, Updated Roadmap released for PB 2022 R2, R3Highlights:  1. Use WebView2 for the WebBrowser control2. Enhanced RichTextEdit Functionality3. PDF Builder .... Surprise addition is WebView2 which was not there earlier. Kindly go through https...
I'm currently running PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Build 2328. Previously I had no issues creating new DataWindows, but now when I try to create, nothing happens. I can open existing datawindows, make copies of datawindows, create new objects that are not da...
  cloudinstaller download error:   HTTP Error 404.2 - Not Found: The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the ISAPI and CGI Restriction list settings on the Web server.   This can occur if IIS has the exe file types mapped to CgiMo...
PB 2019 Build 2170. We have a process where our C# based web application can run DataWindow reports and display them as PDF in the browser. The PDF files are generated using NativePDF. The end users are allowed to modify reports in InfoMaker and cop...
Hello, PB 2019 R3 Build 2703 Need to open two instance of Ribbon bar builder so that I can copy &, paste required syntax from one to another.  Is that possible?  If Yes, how? Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprakash...
Does anyone know what the available values for securityoptions are and also what exactly does it do?   https://docs.appeon.com/ps2022/APIs_for_managing_cache_and_cache_group.html#Connection_AddOne    ...
yes, i know that the swagger documentation is supposed to work on my web api server, but rather than spending of hours figuring out how to access the documentation in swagger i am hoping someone has a link that i can simply click on.  I probably have...
I have recently updated a 20+ year old PowerBuilder app that, before migration, was using an Oracle 7 driver to connect without issue to an Oracle 11 database. After switching to the ORA Oracle driver (the one meant for Oracle 11,12,19), it causes th...
I am using eclipse, not Visual Studio, to create a .dll file in C++. I have simplified the code down to this: My header file tagsigs.h #include <iostream>#include "windows.h" #ifndef TAGSIG_H_#define TAGSIG_H_ extern "C" {   int __deckspec(...
Hi All,    Our PowerBuilder Application (PB 2021 Build 1506 ) is not able to check if outlook.exe is open with the Apps for Enterprise (new version of Office that M365) installed on a user machine. Our code is checking if Outlook is open prior t...
I remember i did this long ago and it worked (in PB version 10 probably).I export syntax of an external datawindow then add some data in it and Imported it back into either dll or pbd depending build type.the "data(" is searched from the exported ext...
I would like to disable the normal expand/collapse behavior when doubleclicking on a treeview node. Is this possible? If not, if I add code to the Doubleclicked event handler to "take over" the expand/collapse state, would this happen before or afte...
For reference, we're currently on PB17 R3, PowerServer 2020*. I'm trying to have a static textbox that displays the most recent build/deploy date of our application in the TEST environment. I've searched around and what little resources I can find r...
Hi All,Is there is any way to call AWS services using powerbuilder 2021?  Please share some refrence link here. it's really help'sthanks in advance...
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible to do with PowerBuilder. From a client-server application, I have to save files to a file repository, with a specific windows user (with administrator permissions), which is not the user currently logge...

There are no discussions available here currently