From my understanding, the PowerServer examples require SQL anywhere. We do not have this installed. Where can we get it? ...
Hello all I am Trying to run a .Net WS and i am getting the following message ( in the IE ) : Line 1:   What does it mean ? Using 2017 r2 , running on the same machine where the pb installed + databse ...
I have a question about the Installable Web App. Right now, we have an extremely complex large 12 year old app that runs lots of "medical type" offices from a citrix server. The app uses several 3rd party OCX'x/DLLs. I tried to run a sam...
I have a legacy application which has many (>500) datawindow objects (*.srd) which were created in earlier versions of PowerBuilder. Some have "release 6;", "release 9;", "release 11.5;", etc in the header. Particularly with version 6 datawindows the...
Let's imagine the following scenario: 1. I create a new branch (feature_X) and switch to the develop branch. 2. I make a change ... git notices that two files have changed: Once the x2.pbl file and once the source file from ws_objects. I c...
Hi,  Trying to determine how to get the width of a column in a grid dw if width.autosize = 3 (that is, width autosize is turned on. ) If height.autosize=yes, then you can call RowHeight() to get the actual adjusted height. Is there a comparable...
Has anybody else noticed slowness when running applications from the PB 2017 R2 IDE? I migrated a copy of our application from 12.5 (our current production version) to 2017 R2, and found it to be painfully slow (e.g., our application's splash ...
I am curious if there is a database included in the PB purchase? I don't see anything in the docs or FAQ but I might have missed it. It has been a LONG time since I purchased PB for myself but I think it used to come with a copy of SQL Anywher...
Helo all , I have an desktop app , using pb 2017 r2 . running and connecting to mssql  2014 DB . The pb + database are  installed on the same sever Now , I need to develop .Net WebService . ( it going to be published on the same server) . I ...
Hi there pb fellows... I am testing the autocompile utility (Appeon PB 2017 R2). Everything worked like a charm, and i was able to put the script as a planned operation without troubles. My question is: is it normal that the utility is very slow c...
Hi all I have a app on power builder 2017R2, i have a column date when i test on desktop it works but when i deployed to poderserver the column date give me error No Pass Validation, Any suggest? ...
Is there a datawindow expression that can be used to get the actual row id of a row.  Similar to GetRowIDFromRow function.   Follow-up, thanks for every ones ideas.  I was trying to avoid adding a column just to keep track of a specific row.  R...
After migrating my source to PB2017, the exports for the datawindows still say "Release 8" (Migrating from PB8). The only way I see to change that line is to open EVERY datawindow and save them...even without making any actual changes. Does thi...
I am working on an application that is currently running in PB 12.0. We are wanting to migrate it to PB 2017 R2. The code migration was easy enough, but when I run the application any web service that I call that has values that are of data type "dou...
Hello Developers. Could you Help Me with a problem I have with the PFC, in my current Job I have an application that what makes use of PFC and I have a problem because the previous developer disabled the delete key and to use it I have to press  th...
Helo all   How do i set the cursor at the end of the text in a specific field in dw ? using pb 2017 r2   thanks   ...
using AppeonServer 2016 Under .net i must use ODBC cause is a INGRES database and the only way we found to do it. if we can not succed all our project will fail. When i define a DataSource in the AEM the results are    ...
I have my application upgraded to PB 17 Build 1756.  Works great so far as a desktop application connecting to MS SQL Server 2016 using the SNC SQL Native Client driver.  I deployed it to the PowerServer Web successfully and am able to retrieve da...
Just migrated our application from 11.5, with no errors.  During the migrate, I changed the pbdom115 library entry to pbdom170 and that's fine.   The problem I now have is that when I try to deploy the applications I get an error due to the proje...
I was trying to setup the ODBC database profile in PB2017 for Postgresql but gotten the error: SQLSTATE: IM014 The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application. Pls advise how to resolve this error. p...

There are no discussions available here currently