Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, is it possible to use unicode characters on powerserver cloudapp? On a native powerbuilder app we have to append "DisableBind=0,NCharBind=1" to the DBParm, if we don't use that, some chars are recognized as questions marks (?). Example: The fol...
Good morning communityI need to set an environment variable and read it later. I found: www://https://codeverge.com/sybase.powerbuilder.general/creating-setting-environment-vari/954332   I try to set it: FUNCTION boolean SetEnvironmentVariableA (...
Hello everyone,    We start to evaluate Powerbuilder 2022 Beta with our application but at the migration we face a problem.  The common PBX files that come along with powerbuilder are not there. PB2022 there is only the PBDOM.PBX.   it will be ...
PB 12.5   I am trying to save a webserver proxy using .NET I am getting the error:"Windows sdk for .net framework 4.0 was not installed." I installed the sdk: "InstallationFolder"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v10.0A\\bin\\NETF...
Building Application Blues: Being a small organisation with three developers and hence three Appeon licenses we do our building on a separate dedicated PC which does not have an Appeon license and so we use PBC1210.EXE (we are currently using Appeon...
Hi guys, I installed PowerBuilder 2021 and I am trying to run the EZORDER demo executable, the app I am supposed to be building.  Everytime i run the app, in the new folder I created called fundamentals, I get this error message: Where can I fin...
Hi guys, I am completely new to Powerbuilder and I want to follow the self-guided tutorial on Appeon's website.  It requires me to download SQL Anywhere 17, which I have done, and get the EAS Demo db vnn example database that comes along with SQL A...
I've noticed what I consider to be a large number of questions/issues raised on the Q&A Forum regarding PB applications experiencing performance problems and/or suddenly stopping/crashing... and in many/most of these cases, disabling of PB's used...
I did  upgrade my application from PB2019 to PB2019R3 on my VM. It worked fine. Then I recompiled it and move to another server for users use. I got the error message : "Runtime path not exist, path C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PowerBuilder\R...
https://docs.appeon.com/pb/whats_new/UI_Theme_enhancements.html I am hoping someone will be able to clarify the upcoming PB 2022 theme enhancements for me. Right now we have two different visual user objects inherited from the datawindow object. Cur...
Hello Team,   While exporting the report to CSV using saveasFormattedText, each data and heading of the resultset in CSV is coming within double quotes "". Also at the end, there is an extra comma. Could you please let me know how can i eliminate t...
We are upgrading pb from 2017 R2 1769 to 2019 R3 2728. We were able to migrate, compile and build the executable. Replaced the 2017 dlls with 2019 dlls. Upon login to the executable, when opening any window the cursor spins for a while and crashes wi...
Hello, I'm working in one of our customer's office, with a Powerbuilder 2019 R3 connected to a SQL Server 2016 database. When I try to modify the Update Properties of a datawindow after adding a new column, it says that the table cannot be found. An...
This sounds so trivial that I'm sure I'm experiencing a mental block, but: In a datawindow column I wish to place an expression such that the column color is red (255) IF the value in row 5, column 2 is a particular value. (Note that row 5 is NOT re...
  Hello, I am testing an appeon mobile application with a maps, I use eon_mobile_str_mapoption of eon_mobile_map object;I would like to initialize the maps with zoom (big...).I did not find a property;Here is the code for initializing the maps: eon_...
We are struggling with some apparently-random crashes in our PB2019_R3 application Windows 10 clients. In addition to being random, not all clients are reporting this issue.  The faulting module is either pbdwe.dll or pbtheme.dll. Error code is eit...
PowerBuilder Source PowerServer Classes pentahome use d_notice, but no class file in powerserver models. why no datawindow class file?   PowerServer app run error ...
Hi Experts,   In our application PowerClient is configured and downloading the files and works fine. We need to implement some of the users does not need the new build.  Is there any provision to exclude the downloading files for certain users. Ple...
Update:  06-JUL-2022After rebooting the VM 3 times, and rebooting PowerBuilder with it each time, cafter the last rebuild & deploy (yes, running both steps separately)  the icon is now showing up again. It's magic.--------------------------------...
Dear Sir, I just go to the following link to view the REST Enhancements in PowerBuilder 2019. https://community.appeon.com/index.php/articles-blogs/tutorials-articles/2-powerbuilder/244-rest-enhancements-in-powerbuilder-2019?hitcount=0 Where can I...

There are no discussions available here currently