Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, PB 2019 R3 Build 2703 Need to open two instance of Ribbon bar builder so that I can copy &, paste required syntax from one to another.  Is that possible?  If Yes, how? Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprakash...
Does anyone know what the available values for securityoptions are and also what exactly does it do?   https://docs.appeon.com/ps2022/APIs_for_managing_cache_and_cache_group.html#Connection_AddOne    ...
yes, i know that the swagger documentation is supposed to work on my web api server, but rather than spending of hours figuring out how to access the documentation in swagger i am hoping someone has a link that i can simply click on.  I probably have...
I have recently updated a 20+ year old PowerBuilder app that, before migration, was using an Oracle 7 driver to connect without issue to an Oracle 11 database. After switching to the ORA Oracle driver (the one meant for Oracle 11,12,19), it causes th...
I am using eclipse, not Visual Studio, to create a .dll file in C++. I have simplified the code down to this: My header file tagsigs.h #include <iostream>#include "windows.h" #ifndef TAGSIG_H_#define TAGSIG_H_ extern "C" {   int __deckspec(...
Hi All,    Our PowerBuilder Application (PB 2021 Build 1506 ) is not able to check if outlook.exe is open with the Apps for Enterprise (new version of Office that M365) installed on a user machine. Our code is checking if Outlook is open prior t...
I remember i did this long ago and it worked (in PB version 10 probably).I export syntax of an external datawindow then add some data in it and Imported it back into either dll or pbd depending build type.the "data(" is searched from the exported ext...
I would like to disable the normal expand/collapse behavior when doubleclicking on a treeview node. Is this possible? If not, if I add code to the Doubleclicked event handler to "take over" the expand/collapse state, would this happen before or afte...
For reference, we're currently on PB17 R3, PowerServer 2020*. I'm trying to have a static textbox that displays the most recent build/deploy date of our application in the TEST environment. I've searched around and what little resources I can find r...
Hi All,Is there is any way to call AWS services using powerbuilder 2021?  Please share some refrence link here. it's really help'sthanks in advance...
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible to do with PowerBuilder. From a client-server application, I have to save files to a file repository, with a specific windows user (with administrator permissions), which is not the user currently logge...
tried to submit bug report, click submit and the page just refreshes with everything i typed in gone.   the bug was a documentation bug: GetChildCount - - PowerScript Reference (appeon.com) example 2 has a bad variable declaration - it is declare...
Hi all, So my Beta Tester found something strange (and unacceptable) in one of my windows.  In the app, there are 4 windows each with a folder object. Each folder object is inherited from the pfc's u_tab object. This strange behavior is only happeni...
I have a significant Analysis tool originally written in PowerBuilder and Migrated to C# using SnapDevelop.  It has a dozen DataStore Objects and does some serious Retrieve and Update operations during the course of it's run.  When I run it packaged ...
Update:  I found it:C:\Users\Public\Documents\Appeon\PowerBuilder 19.0\Code Examples\Example App ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PB2019R3, build 2703Where is the EXAMPLES application? I've looked and cannot find it! I want to see code that ...
I am trying to launch and activate the license newly assigned to me.  The IDE is launched from Citrix desktop VDI. After entering my credentials, click Login, I get the message above my credentials stating "System is busy. Try again later". So I w...
Most controls in a DataWindow object - column, compute, text, etc. - have .Moveable and .Resizeable properties (misspelled in the DW painter BTW). When these are enabled, then the user, as expected, can move and resize the controls at runtime. Is the...
Is there a way to turn on line numbers inside the code editor or each individual script while writing Powerscript code ?...
Hello, all PB 2017 app crashes in production with PBVM error. We are failing to catch the line of code where it happens. It happens in the same screen on the same critical user operation, but it is not consistent. Sometimes it passes, on other it ...
PB 2019-R3. I have a desktop app calling web services. Initially I was using WinHTTP API function calls to communicate with the server. This method works great. I decided to switch to the built-in HttpClient object. I'm using PostDataStart/PostData...

There are no discussions available here currently