Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello,   How to include external .EXE file created in C++ as part of PowerServer Client files download and launch it from PowerBuilder application with a link?   In PowerServer project -> External Files tab, I couldn't select .EXE file in "Add...
I can't open the 2019 R3 Powerbuilder IDE anymore. I was running a process that appeared to hang, so I closed powerbuider (and the application process). I tried to run PB 2019 R2, but it showed the splash screen, then dropped to the bottom, and I c...
I test PB 2022 1 week all goob until yesterday , when make application cloud dsitribution , some machine not updating and say this message some windows 10 some windows 11   thanks  Luis...
Hello, I am struggling with an apparently simple process. Need to pass a String from one application in Powerbuilder to another Application in Powerbuilder. As I'm doing: APP1: "Send (gl_handle, 1024, 0, 'Hello World')" APP2: event pbm_custom01 ...
I've started using HttpClient in place of my API based WinHttp object. One test used SendRequest to send a string that was 138,000 bytes and it just hangs. I checked the help and it says that there is a limit of about 20 MB. The limit appears to be...
As GetSQLPreview() became obsolete some time ago, we are finally removing the use of this, replacing it with the sqlsyntax argument. We have one issue here: If the sqlsyntax is changed in a parent window (sqlpreview event), and one want to do furth...
Hi Appeon, I've got an open Q&A with several replies.  When I go to My Q&A, all questions show up fine.  I tried to open the question "How to find out the class/type of Message.PowerObject" to reply and mark one as the solution.  Every time ...
I have a client who will be running several apps in PowerServer 2021 and thus I want to setup IIS with a multiple-site configuration.  To this end, I went through the tutorials in an effort to get this properly configured.  Here is what I've done: ...
Hi all, In my main app I have a "Navigator".  The user double-clicks on a window name to open it.  One of the windows is "Status Tracking".  In some windows, the user can double-click on a particular dw row to open another window.&nb...
Hello how are you ?I'm facing difficulties to delete files with PDF extension generated in a temporary folder on my machine.These files are generated using the Datawindow/DataStore SaveAs function.I generate these files and put them in a vector to be...
Dear Sir, Is there any chat application sample with powerserver and mobile application like any messenger? powerserver notification not displaying as same as appeon documents sample code....
I'm new to PowerBuilder 2017 R3, and I am working on improving a build script written in powershell. At one point in the powershell script, we have a bootstrap.dat file passed as an argument to orcascr170.exe in order to build the application. Unfort...
We upgraded our application from PB7 to PB2019R3 . There is a problem with previous reports which saved with PB7, the previous reports with PB7 cannot open on application PB2019 although I did change :  SQLCA.DBMS = "ASE Adaptive Server Enterprise"S...
Guys,   Our SVN currently prompts us to migrate the workspace after checking out the project. What was the reason for this? and how to fix this issue? Upon completing the migration, it throws so many errors and it doesn't appear to be the latest so...
Hi I apply theme in application, but when in code change backgroundcolor in a groupbox not change gb_4.backcolor=rgb(255,0,0)   NOT WORK after theme apply   Thanks Luis...
I created a new GIT repo in Azure DevOps.  Added my power builder source using "Add to Source Control" option in Powerbuilder 2021. Was able to push the source to the Azure DevOps repo with no issues. When I try a GIT Pull in Powerbuilder, I get an...
Hi I have a web Service with return json  (for report) my question is , how can design the report in PB IDE with dw designer if the data come from web service and see how the report is going   is a new report, the connection is with other applicat...
Hi  I can make specific field / column (  fld_date ) with one color ( blue)  in all my datawindow  with Theme ...?? if is yes  how...?? or other method   thanks  Luis...
In very old versions of Infomaker (6.5) it was possible to view report results with Print Preview turned off.   However this feature was taken away from Infomaker at some point so reports can now only be viewed ever in Print.Preview mode.  I know tha...

There are no discussions available here currently