Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, There is som fault regarding cachename but the error message do not give me any clou on whats wrong. Is there any log or places to get witch name missing. Ore may somthing else I been missing her.    My setup is like this.. ...
Hello, With NativePDF, a customer complains to have an overflow of the detail text under the footer which contains a png image. The PDF is well generated with PDFCreator. I tried to change some properties like PDFStandard, customSize, etc ... withou...
Hi! Is there any function to clear tabs in richtext control? Do we have this functionality only when we double-click on the ruler of the richtext control? Regards Guilherme...
Hi guys.There is a way to read several dw at the same time in timer's event window?. Each dw have different number of records (different data); so each dw must read regardless of what the others do. Is there a way to do it?When a record is read, i...
PB 12.5 We have a global function that is called which finds SSN columns on a DataWindow and applies an editmask if the user doesn't have the proper permissions to see SSN. Now I am trying to extend this to nested reports. I have a free form DataW...
Hi Sir or Madam,   CUrrently we are using distill method to generate PDF report, since it took longer time to use PDFLib. Therefore, i would like to check with you what is the good/tested/reliable version of Ghostscript to use? Is it ok to use 9.19?...
Hi Team,  In our PowerBuilder Application, we use the below code to remove the protection from the specified document. oleObjectVar.Object.Application.ActiveDocument.Unprotect('Hard-coded password') when the script try to execute the oleObjectVar....
i have a code module that was working fine, I have had to add a section of code to it to place a database field of (up to) 1000 characters in 4 dot matrix report fields of flat 70 characters. To do this I created a subroutine that would read the fi...
请问下:我想把下面dw中的数据post方式推送给对方,该怎样处理,谢谢! ...
Hello,   In Powerbuilder 17 R3, I need to open an URL in the default browser of my computer. Chrome is my default browser. But with the next code, IE is opened instead of Chrome.     Is it normal ? Please, how can I do to open this URL with th...
Hello, good day communityI have an old application in powerbuilder whose main project is .Net Web Service. Works ok locally, the problem is that I need the address of the local server prior to the build. And we need the client to be able to change t...
Buenos días a todos   Alguien tine el ejemplo Echart que presento Luis Avilán, en evento que presento Dora sistemas hace un mes aproximadamente.   Favor compartir el código fuente   Att Carlos...
Hi, I've migrated the application from PB 12.5 to the latest PB2022 version. The application builds and works fine, but I see that the release exists 12.5 in srd file header. For the new datawindow object, I've the version 22 (in second line of srd ...
Is there a Win Api to determine if a program is installed or not? PB 12.5 Mix of Win 7 and Win 10 Our app has an acrobat ole control for viewing PDF's, but as we move to Win 10 not everyone has Acrobat installed, and some want to use Nitro PDF. I...
Hi, What would be the best way to strip out all illegal characters that windows does not allow in file names? Characters like question mark(?), colon (;). We create files (.msg) from the emails we receive and one option is to use self generated fi...
Hi Please find the attached image and advice   ...
Suddenly my PowerBuilder 2022 getting Hange if I added picture button and terribly slow during build the window move objects. I updated the latest upgrade build 1878 still the issue exists.  but it is normal performance during build datawindow and ...
I have PB application (.exe, pbd, dlls ...)  installed on management server , also I have application server (IIS server) that has a script to connects to Sybase database which installed on database  server to generate reports . When I run PB applica...
Hi Team, Could you please help me with below question -  When Appeon are to release a new long term support (LTS) version of Powerbuilder 2021 and 2022. Will 2019R3 be supported on Windows 11.  Currently it is not. Thanks Rohit...
Hi I have an application built on PowerBuilder. I need to process PDF files from within this application. My requirements are: Merge PDF documents Add/Remove/Insert pages to an existing PDF documents Are there PDF libraries available? I have ...

There are no discussions available here currently