Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Doing a PS2022 POC for our existing C/S application. Prompting for User info prior to connecting to the DB. Connection is successful, MDI opens and initial sheet opens successfully with retrieved data. Then a different window (application about wind...
I've not used regular epxressions much.  I'm looking for a simple expression for alphanumeric, with some characters like / \ - _ and . I had Match(GetText(), "^[A-Za-z0-9.-_]+$") in the Validation Expresssion of the datawindow but I know that's not ...
Hi, How can one dynamically create a row indicator (a simple * will do) to a grid data window? Attached is a pdf that shows what I'm after. In the sample dw, I created a computed column with the following code IF ( currentRow() = getrow(),'*','') ...
I did a save of a datawindow in PB 2022 Build 1892 that was last updated in PB 2019. I didn't change anything, I just clicked the Save button. The dropdown columns have a new property that is not in the help: dddw.autofill=no I also don't see the ...
Hola, buenas tardes. Se generó el siguiente error al ejecutar la aplicación en algunos clientes en línea. SESSION CREATION FAILED CAUSE: SERVER HAS BEEN SHUTDOWN (HTTP STATUS CODE: 503).(WEB API: HTTP://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:451/POWERSERVER/API/SERVERAPI...
Any InfoMaker gurus in the house?  I'm helping out someone with some InfoMaker reports and I don't see any way to export a report.  How do you move around and backup copies of individual reports?...
Hi All I think this should be easy - but i am having  a blank ! I want to know what dataobject is assigned to my datawindow - maybe in my code or is set during runtime I can set it like this dw_1.dataobject='dw_bag_label_packing_with_van' or it is...
Hi Team, Not sure if this is a known issue, i have noticed that the nested report that i have placed in my Datawindow summary section is not displaying all the data retrieved by the report and is truncating after a few rows (I have attached a screen...
Hi, We are 4 developers working on one application. Is there away for developers can be coding differently then later compile and deploy the application?...
Hello the community,We actually experiment the following issue with PB2021 RT 21.0.01506 & PB2021 RT 21.0.0.1509 :- ORA-01024 invalid datatype in oci call This happens only with Oracle 19.15.0.0.Testing with Oracle 19.14.0.0 is OK.I have even te...
Hi all, when I follow with SnapDevelop 2022 1892 the tutorial 'CRUD Operations with Generic .NET DataStore' I am told to put changes into the startup.cs file. But the created WebAPI project is not containing a startup.cs file, just a program.cs fil...
Hi all, I'm getting a return code of -27 from RESTClient.GetJWTToken.    any one have any idea what it means.    documentation doesnt have -27 Return value Integer. Returns 1 if the function succeeds and a negative value if an error occurs. ...
Hi Appeon,We have migrated the application from PB2019-32bit build 2728 to PB2022-64bit build 1892. After that we are facing issues in PDF generation whereas the fonts are changed, some of the fields are overlapping with the labels.  It is happenin...
Hello, Is there a way Powerbuilder application can translate a document from any language like Arabic, Chinese etc to English?...
Hi Reading a XML File using PBDOM of PB2022 all works fine in IDE 32 or 64. But when I download and install via client deployment (64), I get the Message "Error calling method of a pbni object" just after reading the file. I checked the version of...
Hi, I am trying to load up a text file which contains special characters    an example of the line i am loading is  54743 ALG00006 Chemloul & Associés when i load it using the code  integer li_FileNumstring ls_textboolean lb_stop messagebo...
Hi. We have recently purchased a new build server. It has an AMD Ryzen 9 3950X CPU with 16 cores @ 3,5 GHz. We feel that it doesn't take full advantage of all the resources when compiling. I've tried both the GUI in PB and pbc190.exe. I still on...
Hi all, I have a window with a tab folder.  The tab folder has 4 tabs.  In one of the tabs, I need to open a pop-up window from the dw on the tab page to do some calculations.  (The window pops up from an option on the RMB menu). The dw has a couple...
UPDATE:  We resolved this by doing away with the third party image object and began using PowerBuilder's web object..  Thank you all.   Hello PB Community! Since migrating from PB2017 to PB2021 we've begun experiencing what seems to be an issue wi...
Hi currently some team members use Powergen Professional version 10.3.10 for PowerBuilder v17.0 we are upgrading to powerbuilder v19 (R3 - LTS). Is there a powergen version that is suitable. I believe they use it to ensure all objects are current -...

There are no discussions available here currently