Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello everyone! I use the LibraryExport function to export all the objects in pbl. When I want to use the LibraryImport function to import, I see in the document that the LibraryImport function can only import the DataWindow type. Why is this ? Are...
I am trying to connect PowerBuilder 2019 tp SQL Server 2019. Initially we were running application with SQL server 2014. What will be the best provider to connect to the database. Initially I was using SQLNCLI11 and found 2019 to be very slow compare...
App.ini [PRCLPRODMSSQL1_DS] ;Autocommit defaults to false if no entry here - can be overridden in users registry Name=ProductionMSSQL AutoCommit=true DBMS = "SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB)" DBPARM = "DataBase='PrcDb',PROVIDER='SQLNCLI11'" Ser...
Hi There I have a C# written set of DLL's which we access from PowerBuilder  ( the code is in the window and user object attached ) the thing is, when testing on my PC everything works fine. When sent via PowerClient to another developers machine it...
Hello please could you help me i need help with the new feature Power Client I would like to get rid of the path created by the Cloud App launcher : C:\mypath\Applications\{nameofmyserver}_{nameofmyapp} Would it be possible to specify the path enti...
If we use the dataWindow.export.pdf.method Distill to save a datawindow as PDF file and we do not deliver Ghostscript with our applicatation, but tell our customers, that they self has to install Ghostscript to use this method, are we than obligated ...
MultiSubnetFailover is ignored when added to DBParm string. We are trying to connect PowerBuilder 2021 application running on AppStream to AWS sql server - SQL 2016. Roughly doing: DBMS=MSO SQLCA.DBParm = ls_dbparm + ",MultiSubnetFailover=true"  ...
Do you have OPEN AI ( ChatGPT API library PBL)? I'm trying to test it with the source code below, but it says there is no supported library. - Below - string ls_api_key, ls_question, ls_answern_cst_openai_api n_apiwindow w_question // 테이블 생성 (만약 T...
Hello Friends, Can I use PBAutoBuild 2021 to build a PB 2019 R3 application?  I did try to set RuntimeVersion to 19.2.0.2770 but that did not work.   Thank You. AV    ...
Hi All, We are beginning to use PowerClient for deploying one of our Powerbuilder Applications. There are some users running the Application via the PowerClient deployment and others still running a basic desktop deployment. We want to be able to ...
Is there a way to make sure PowerBuilder PowerClient deployment checks if dot net 6 or higher is already installed on machine or not? Is there any deployment options for including a dot net install or is that all up to us? IE: Dot net 6 core Josep...
Good afternoon,   We are migrating from PB 2019R3 to PB 2022.  We were able to set up our applications in the DevOps repository and it worked kinda.  It got to be too much of a hassle to use DevOps because of issues with conflicts all the time, or t...
Hi Team,   We have powerbuilder application which is build in PowerBuilder 2019R3 and database is MS SQL. In the development environment application is running perfectly ok, but when we deployed it either to QA or client environment its taking time...
I have a question that has a simple answer but I cannot figure it out. I have a datawindow with a datetime column. I need to do a search on that: datetime ldt_date string ls_dateldt_date = Datetime(ls_date) ls_tmp = "estimate_date =" + String(ldt_d...
Hola Comunidad Hace rato que desarrollamos en PowerBuilder, actualmente con la versión 2022 y estamos enfrentados a un tema que necesitamos de vuestra colaboración. Nuestra compañía ha decidido llevar el ERP a SAP, dejando los sistemas del ERP que ...
PowerBuilder 2022 Build 1892, SQL Server 2017 I am connecting with the new MSO driver in a small test app run from the IDE. The purpose of the app is to make sure I have the correct connection properties before I modify the main application. I ran ...
In datawindows with a TitleBar and editable fields, we are unable to position the cursor in the column when we leftclick with the mouse. Each time we click, it either selects the text we click, or it places the cursor at the beginning or end of the s...
请问下   Auth接口服务 怎样调用,用下面方法调用好像获取不到数据,是不是用别的方法,谢谢 Integer li_rcString ls_stringHttpClient lnv_HttpClientlnv_HttpClient = Create HttpClient////获取Token// Sends request using GET methodli_rc = lnv_HttpClient.SendRequest("GET", "https://*****/Token")// O...
My supervisor and I are trying to migrate an app from 17.2 to 17.3.  My supervisor installed 17.3 on their machine.  When they tried to migrate it, they got 6 errors on a datawindow event.  The event ue_search is simple  It is called with no paramete...
Hello, How do I get the FQDN of the computer I am running on.  There is a Windows function GetComputerNameEXA, however it uses an enumerated datatype, from which I gathered is not supported in Powerbuilder. I am looking to get something like 'mycom...

There are no discussions available here currently