Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
PowerBuilder 2022 Build 1892, SQL Server 2017 I am connecting with the new MSO driver in a small test app run from the IDE. The purpose of the app is to make sure I have the correct connection properties before I modify the main application. I ran ...
In datawindows with a TitleBar and editable fields, we are unable to position the cursor in the column when we leftclick with the mouse. Each time we click, it either selects the text we click, or it places the cursor at the beginning or end of the s...
请问下   Auth接口服务 怎样调用,用下面方法调用好像获取不到数据,是不是用别的方法,谢谢 Integer li_rcString ls_stringHttpClient lnv_HttpClientlnv_HttpClient = Create HttpClient////获取Token// Sends request using GET methodli_rc = lnv_HttpClient.SendRequest("GET", "https://*****/Token")// O...
My supervisor and I are trying to migrate an app from 17.2 to 17.3.  My supervisor installed 17.3 on their machine.  When they tried to migrate it, they got 6 errors on a datawindow event.  The event ue_search is simple  It is called with no paramete...
Hello, How do I get the FQDN of the computer I am running on.  There is a Windows function GetComputerNameEXA, however it uses an enumerated datatype, from which I gathered is not supported in Powerbuilder. I am looking to get something like 'mycom...
I cannot seem to generate an array of named objects using JSONGenerator. If I use the following code: Jsongenerator jgaLong ll_childLong ll_jsonarraylong ll_handlelong ll_rootString ls_json1 jga = create JSONGeneratorll_root = jga.CreateJsonObject...
Anyone knows why would this happened?       I'm using Power Builder 12.5 and databse is MS-SQL ServerP This error prompted when I retrieve the newly created document....
Hi, are there any possibilites to migrate datawindows automatically to a new database scheme, if the length of some fields have changed? Actually i have to edit each datawindow and change the length of the database manually.... We use the ASE Data...
Hello, i have a simple question..   We are developing a function that validate local ip/mac address. In Netcore it works, but, there is a way to get it in PowerBuilder? Thanks.....
The project build fails in IDE, ORCA and AutoBuild utility. Full rebuild is successful. It looks like the crash occurs at the time of showing the compiler warnings prior to creation of EXE file. PB Pro version 2021, build 1509....
Hi.   About PB 19 R3 + bitbucket. I'd configured as appeon and bitbucket said, using app tokens, but I have a question.I can put any email and it'll assume others login, I've tested and bitbucket uses the email to present the person that have push...
Hi, I revisited this feature during an Advanced DataWindow course delivery today. Wondering.....  There is a DataWindow painter feature on the File menu --> Save As File --> Save As Type - DataWindow Syntax In XML. It outputs nicely formatte...
Anyone knows what cause this error?   I added a command button in my ancestor object. I then regenerate the ancestor object together with my descendant object.   I am able to regenerate these two objects, however, when I open my descendant object...
Hi, We have successfully migrated the PowerBuilder application to Powerserver 2021 version. Now we need to package and deploy to the client (end users machine). For that we did the code signing of both cloud app launcher and pb.exe. Here the issue c...
Our application has 120+ pbds and is deployed to multiple locations - does PB have anything to compare 2 folders for file differences for the exe and pbd's?...
Hi, On my development box I've successfully created, deployed, and invoked a "hello world" .NET Web Service (obsolete, I know) The next step was to include database access within the Web Service, but now I'm getting an error that seems to indicate ...
I'm testing the WebBrowser control in PB 2022 Build 1892. Clicking this link on the web page causes a separate window to appear with DocumentationNotice.html in it. My question is, is this popup window part of the WebBrowser control or is it opening...
I'm running Appeon PowerServer 2020 Build 2323.00. Some browsers will run my application and some continue to ask to download the Appeon multi-browser plug-in. Downloading the plug-in and installing it does not help. I also have seen bowsers run the...
Hi, Have one case with Powerserver where we find that the bitmap in the code does not appear in the client section when running Powerserver. I thought that the bitmap, incorporated in code, was built in at build and thus had no need to be included i...
Hi all, I am wondering if anyone can help with this? I currently have a report datawindow inside a parent datawindow. I am running into an issue where inserting a row into the Parent Datawindow causes the child to ask for retrieval arguments. Is the...

There are no discussions available here currently