1. Debra Martone
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Saturday, 26 September 2020 13:23 PM UTC

Currently support a PB 2019 R2 application that has OLE to Word (50+ templates with bookmarks)  and looking to eliminate the dependency on Word.exe  

Is the new PB 2019 OEM text editor control a replacement solution for WORD templates w/bookmarks or am I getting the new text editor control mixed up with this - https://demos.textcontrol.com/chapter/topic/RichTextEditor/Concept

Thanks for you time in advance and stay safe!

Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 26 September 2020 23:45 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Debra,

The control related to your link has nothing to do with what we get in Powerbuilder (I wish!). So yes, I guess it's a mix-up.

regards

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 26 September 2020 15:03 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Debra;

Please try the PB 2019 R3 beta as it has a newer version of the TX control. Plus, this version supports 64bit Apps as well. So no more MS RTE control when running in 64bit mode. Much more consistent behaviour and GUI.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Saturday, 26 September 2020 23:40 PM UTC
Wow, I'm going to checkout on this, because to be honest we gave up on the RTE and are looking at HTML editor solutions. Maybe it's not too late :)
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Sunday, 27 September 2020 02:54 AM UTC
The features are currently the same as before even though it is newer version fo Text Control. We haven't yet had the time to map its new features to PowerScript. But upgrading to R3 you benefit from bug fixes and no longer have to dumb-down your RTE when compiling your project as 64-bit.
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Sunday, 27 September 2020 03:27 AM UTC
Hi Armeen,

Well, by now we prefer bug-fixes over incorporating new features I guess. It is a bit disappointing though how RTE still seems to be of low priority to Appeon. Why can't it be fixed for once and for all.

regards
  1. Helpful
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 26 September 2020 14:45 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Yes, PB uses Text Control but it is a special customized and C++ version.  It could be the version we use doesn’t have this feature.  Or it could be that it has it but we have not exposed this feature to PB yet.  Please send email to product@appeon.com and request this enhancement.  

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.