1. Milton Jiménez
  2. Beta Testing
  3. Saturday, 19 September 2020 00:27 AM UTC

Hi, Appeon

In my case I have several .exe in my app that are invoked like this:

run(gs_way + "app1.exe App1 (" + g_name + "):" + gs_user + "," + gi_nivel)  //parametros

For PowerClient: http://localhost/App1  ? how would the invocation be with run ?  

Best Regards,

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 19 September 2020 04:23 AM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 1

Hi Milton;

My Apps are all in sub-folders from the main App so I only get one URL.

It won't matter if you issue a Run() command because of the locating the PB runtime issue in mentioned before. It doesn't matter whether your apps are in the same folder or not.

Another challenge is that the PowerClient Launcher can install the App(s) in different locations depending on whether you choose App install by User or All Users. So there's another challenge.

A way around your multiple URL app deployment might be to not use the Run() approach but maybe the iNet's HyperLinkToURL() method to invoke the secondary URL(s). However, another current limitation to the PowerClient Launcher is passing parameters (arguments) from AppA to AppB for example. It currently doesn't support that. Then even if Engineering addresses this limitation. How does AppB return a completion code back to AppA - which Run & Wait code like Roland has for use or my STD framework uses to allow return codes (which the Run command does not support).

So there are certainly some more design challenges to overcome. However for now, Appeon Engineering is focusing on the "basic" deployment & remote PC launcher testing. I'm sure that other betas will address more functional requirements. Please open beta support tickets though for any shortcomings or issues that you find so that Appeon can formerly track these.

BTW: A great question!

Regards .... Chris

Comment
  1. Steen Jakobsen
  2. Saturday, 26 September 2020 05:26 AM UTC
Hi Chris,

I have reported to Julie and product@appeon.com

and they are actually very serious and responsive. So I think they are considering all suggestions given.

SOOOO good Appeon has taken over from the SAP and Sybase disasters :-)
  1. Helpful
  1. Olan Knight
  2. Saturday, 26 September 2020 16:03 PM UTC
Absolute truth, Steen!

With Appeon, we developers have a partner, not simply a vendor.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Monday, 28 September 2020 17:12 PM UTC
Steen ... Thanks for informing Julie!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 19 September 2020 02:25 AM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 2

Hi Milton;

If the other EXE's are in sub-folders off the main App, then they can be deployed under the same package and referenced using a relative path - then that should deploy & run OK. For example: Run (.\App\AppA.exe).

I use this technique in my STD Frame work for special printing & W10 notification messages.

The problem I've found is that the PB Runtime is not added to the System Path. Thus, the secondary App's  Run (AppXxx.exe) fails to locate the PB run time & fails 

The main App works Ok because the PowerClient Launcher resolves the PB runtime. Not so for the sub-Apps.

Regards... Chris

Comment
  1. Milton Jiménez
  2. Saturday, 19 September 2020 03:28 AM UTC
Hi, Chris,

The main App and the other apps are in the same folder ( .pbd and .exe);

when I compile each subapp it generates

(http: // localhost / APP) //main

(http: // localhost / app1, "", "")

(http: // localhost / app2, "", "" )

then how referencing in the main App so that Power Client updates each app by doing run (\ app1, "", "") or run (\ app2, "", "")or PowerClient undestands using relative path automatically for update the app?

1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Saturday, 19 September 2020 04:07 AM UTC
Hi Armeen;

Yes, informally by email in the pre-beta. However, I'm going to open a formal ticket for this, this weekend with more details. That way, we'll have a formal way to track this issue.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Saturday, 19 September 2020 05:15 AM UTC
Excellent, thanks!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.