Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I was having a look at the MR for pb2017 R3 (build 1951). I wanted to know which bugs had been fixed and if it's really needed to install, since we're about to release to a customer. I looked in particular at this  bug: https://www.appeon.com/s...
In PowerClient, if my organization prevents doing the deployment automatically, the documentation says that we can produce a .msi. Is this correct? Thanks, Pauline...
I am using Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Version, the application used to work until few weeks back, today I am getting error I have 2019 R2 Application run as batch program, running on Windows 2016 Server, I have Office 2013, my application use word ...
Hello, I am trying to run a program using task scheduler.  I have done this before without any issues up to now.  The program runs correctly if I launch it normally or from the command prompt.  If I run it from the task scheduler it seems to stop in...
There is a serious problem with PowerBuilder 2019 R3: We worked successively with Oracle 10 via native interface, afterwards  we changed database profile to Oracle 19 via native interface, it worked fine. Afterwards we wanted to return to Oracle 1...
Hi, Does anyone have any idea when the next MR for 2019 R3 GA #2670 might be released? We'll soon finish our 2019 R3 project and might wait with the release depending on that answer. Our main concern is the "centered modal windows everywhere". The ...
Hello, PB 2017R3 I use the following code to import data from Excel to Datawindow.   ********************************************* OLEObject xlapp , xlsub dw_barcode.Reset()dw_barcode.SetTransObject(Sqlca) ll_sheet = 1ls_filename = Trim(sle_fil...
Hi I am working with retrieval arguments on a datawindow i am using a number datatype, and have noticed that the datawindow corrupts if I put in a really big number (32bit). If I change the data type to decimal there is no problem   I have been t...
I have a datawindow (Powerbuilder 2019 R3) that returns -1 on Update() and the following message appears : Datawindow does not have update capability. I checked the update properties and they looked correct. Suggestions?...
Hello, I have a question about the behavior we're seeing between our PB environment and SVN. Background Info:       - Our source code repository used to be managed via PVCS, we've since migrated to SVN.        - After migrating to SVN, each devel...
Hai all, I have a webservice link. That webservice providing a service. In that service have more methods. each method need to give some values. This I used in pb12.1 with sopaconnection method. Just few days back, service team changed their protoco...
Hi Team, We are facing an issue where we were trying to test "RichTextEdit" control functionality which was resolved in PB2019. We have done the following configuration:-  In PB IDE, open your application and go to Application (object) --> Addi...
Hi Team, We are using Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R2 Build version for our PowerBuilder application. We are planned for an Vulnerability scanning using "Sonatype Nexus Vulnerability scanner" which will support all open source softwares including C/C++ ...
This trick from  Chris Pollach @Appeon is FANTASTIC!! add a pb.ini to the folder of your executable   PB.ini ------------------ [DataStore Behavior] UseHwnd=no ---------------------- I have done that for a while (2 months) now...
Hello, I apologize if this was asked/answered (I didn't find it with a quick search). With the new PB 2019 beta, what runtime files need to be deployed, and where are they by default? I know the IDE was separated from the runtime, and that's likely...
I've just tried building (aka Deploying) an application project in PowerBuilder 2019 R3.  I haven't built using PowerBuilder in a very long time, we have always used PowerGen, but with all the activity and command line capability, I thought I'd give ...
Hello, We have run across an issue with applications that I deploy from my machine to PowerServer.  The issue is that we cannot get the attached messagebox to stop popping up when others run my IWAs from their machines.   We have tried making sure ...
Hai all, I am recently Installed Appeon Powerbuilder R3 and planning to migrate from pb 2012 to 2019.  I just asking about the webservice calling method in R3. Anybody can explain with script ? Thanks to all....
We have upgraded to PB2019R3 from R2 version. Using PBC to compile the code in Jenkins. The application exe properties has File Version and Product Version. We are having issues running the exe file because of the runtime version ( Runtime 19.2.0.267...
I have a local datawindow that could contain many rows, but only one row would be updated at a time. I'm looking for the best practice for updating the data. Would I export just the new/changed row as a JSON and submit it to the web service? If so, ...

There are no discussions available here currently