Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi everyone, Env.: Windows 10 64 bit Build 19042.867   PB2019R3 Build 2670 I'm currently in the process of migrating/ testing an application in PB2019R3 which happens to have a number of radio buttons with left text set. When it is set the right si...
Dear PowerBuider Programmers, this might emerge as a philosophical question, but I still hope to get some answers: PowerBuilder allows many different ways to access Microsoft SQL Server databases from classic (client/server) PB windows applications...
After using the RibbonBar Generator, one of my menu pictures was converted to  PictureName="picture!", which is a very grainy picture of a person's head. so where and how do I get the best quality picture to use in my application? 1) I would Imagin...
I need read all the control of a Ribbonbar at runtime. I need know all the small, large, tab button in a ribbonbar and read the relative properties. I have the object ribbonbar, but i don't know the structure of this ribbonbar in memory, how can re...
Hi,   I'm using the RibbonBar a lot! .. it works brilliantly.   My question is: in a "LargeButton" having an associated menu, can I trigger the menu to drop (appear) when the user clicks on the button it self, similar to when the user clicks the...
Hi, Just updated to PB 2019 R3 Build 2670, Runtime 19.2.0.2670 from PB 2019 R2 all CloudPro editions. I am using PowerServer (PB Edition 2020 Build 2670) and Ora Client 19, 32 bit. I was able to deploy to the power server without issues in R2, but i...
Hello,  I have would like to to try PowerServer 2020 but I have trouble to install PowerServer Toolkit on my PowerBuilder. I have PowerBuilder 2019 R3 build 2670. Do you know how may I fix it.  Thank you. ...
Hi eveyone; I'm starting with PowerClient and I'd like to be more clear when to use "startup with background service" option and what effects would it have on the user's PC, for example a Windows service would be created automatically? Thanks in ad...
Hi! I just successfully forked and pulled the PFC (thanks Bruce!) according to his very good instructions on his community post Quick Start for contributing to PFC. It worked right out of the box and I can use it as expected with our current PB 201...
Hi, Greetings! In the PowerScript, while declaring and executing the embedded stored procedure, it is giving parse error during runtime stating that stored procedure not found. Upon debugging Server APIs, found that it is using below query to look...
Hi, I faced few issues while deploying PowerServer project using PwerServer 2021 Beta. Though I cannot replicate it but it happens randomly. Issue: While deploying project, the C# solution sometimes gets messed up like for example the embedded SQL...
Hello folks, I'm calling a woocommerce API using PB REST Client. Using Postman it works, but when calling from PB (2019 R3 Build 2670), I get return code -14 (Code conversion failed). I think it has to do with the headers, but I'm not being able to...
I want CICD PowerClient Deploy Option   use gocd deploy CI TOOLS GITLAB CD TOOLS goCD this script in bat file orcascr190.exe "C:\go\Go Agent\pipelines\orca\cbnu-ppms.orca"pbc190.exe /c "C:\go\Go Agent\pipelines\ppms-deploy\cbnu-ppms\m...
Hi,   If we make changes to the PowerServer project under "Run Options" related to desktop and start menu shortcuts, it only works for the first time. First deployed using both options as checked, works fine. Second run, deployed using both as un...
How to display on the second screen (screen for customer) on POS of retailed shop? The content is different from the main screen. Thank you...
I am looking to enhance the look of our application by adding a menu option on the left side of my frame much like Microsoft Teams has.  I would like the ability to have the image select and unselect either by highlighting it or having the image chan...
I support a mature application using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and SQL Server via ADO.Net. Our user community recently requested we add signatures onto some of our datawindow documents.  The 'tableblob' datawindow object seems perfect for this, but unfor...
Hi group, We are maintaining an in house developed software. We use Powerbuilder 2019 build 2170. I wanted to try the migration to PB 2019 R3, so I installed PB2019 R3 in a VM, I copied the sources to the VM, migrated and was ready to test. I qui...
I use decimal 28 precision in my powerserver 2020 application. Other than being slower (as per the documentation) there have been other problems with using precision 28 (graphs apparently).  I am coming across decimal problems in PS 2020 that i don'...
Hi We migrated our PB application from Appeon 6.5 server and PB 12.5 to Powerserver 2020 and PB 2019 R2. The Appeon 6.5 server was only compatible with IE browser. The new PS 2020 is supposed to be compatible with all browsers. Since IE is going ou...

There are no discussions available here currently