1. Anna Pally
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 19 March 2021 19:04 PM UTC

We have upgraded to PB2019R3 from R2 version. Using PBC to compile the code in Jenkins. The application exe properties has File Version and Product Version. We are having issues running the exe file because of the runtime version ( Runtime 19.2.0.2670) associated with the product version. Application is not able to recognize the Runtime version . In the R2 version the file and Product version had the same values . Is there a way to just have product version without the Runtime version like R2? Any help is appreciated. TIA

R3:

R2:

Anna Pally Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 23 March 2021 21:32 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

We updated the code to use File Version instead of Product Version. We are using Jenkins for the PowerBuilder builds and Subversion(SVN) for Version Control. We are able to compile the code successfully however the SVN update is not updating the pbl with the latest changes and still looking for the product version. Any idea why the SVN update is not working? TIA 

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 1 April 2021 15:15 PM UTC
PBC (PowerBuilder Compiler) is just a compiler, hence the name. It will not update the PBLs. You need to use ORCA or some other way to do that.
  1. Helpful
  1. Anna Pally
  2. Thursday, 1 April 2021 17:01 PM UTC
Thanks Armeen. Sorry , I did not mention that we also tried with orcascript plugin.
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 1 April 2021 17:47 PM UTC
I think you need to open a Premium Support ticket for this so our team can remotely troubleshoot your config issue. https://www.appeon.com/premium-support.html
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 22 March 2021 09:32 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi  Anna,

Since IDE and Runtime are separated, to let the user better know the corresponding Runtime version of their EXE, we add the Runtime version content in the Product Version of the EXE file.

This is mandatory at present and can’t be disabled. I suggest you modify your tool so that it could be compatible with the current Product Version rule.  There are two workarounds for now:

1. After getting the Product Version of the EXE file, remove the content of the runtime version part.
  2. Or use File Version instead of Product Version.

Regards,

Ken

Comment
  1. Anna Pally
  2. Monday, 22 March 2021 18:22 PM UTC
Thank You Ken !
  1. Helpful
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 19 March 2021 19:46 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi, Anna -

I believe this post from last month answers your question.

https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/runtime-version-automatically-embedded-in-file-version-of-executable

Best regards, John

Comment
  1. Anna Pally
  2. Friday, 19 March 2021 21:33 PM UTC
Thank you John !
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 19 March 2021 19:35 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Hi Anna;

The PB2019 R3 PBC.exe should have the signature ...

The PB2019 R2 PBC should be ...

FWIW: Your PBC version details look all wrong.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Anna Pally
  2. Friday, 19 March 2021 21:35 PM UTC
Thanks Chris . I shared the application exe with product and file version.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 19 March 2021 22:39 PM UTC
I saw that. That's why I posted mine. Yours don't match the R2 / R3 that I have.
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.