1. Tanvi Shahi
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 1 April 2021 13:42 PM UTC

Hi Team,

We are facing an issue where we were trying to test "RichTextEdit" control functionality which was resolved in PB2019.

We have done the following configuration:-

In PB IDE, open your application and go to Application (object) --> Additional Properties --> Richtext Edit tab --> switch to Built-in TX Text Control) --> OK.

After applying the changes and checking in the code we found following difference in the Application(object):-

string themepath = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\theme190"
string themename = "Do Not Use Themes"
boolean nativepdfvalid = false
boolean nativepdfincludecustomfont = false
string nativepdfappname = ""
long richtextedittype = 2
long richtexteditversion = 1
string richtexteditkey = ""
string appicon = ""

Also exe has stopped launching after the build generation. We are not using themes currently but very soon we intend to use this feature. Could you please suggest what might be the issue as there were no other differences than these.

We are using PB 219 R2 Build 2353.Please let me know if any more details are required.

Thanks,

Tanvi Shahi

Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 5 April 2021 10:20 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

If the EXE is not working, you're most probably missing some runtime DLLs to your distributed libraries.

As far as the incorrect version of the control in the application object, I think there was a bug that could be solved by
- opening the application object
- switch the version to one that you DON't want.
- save and close the app object
- open again, set the correct version and save and close

Hope it helps

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Monday, 5 April 2021 11:14 AM UTC
As an extra note: if you plan on using Ribbon bar menus, I would definitely upgrade to version 2019 R3 and not R2.

regards
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.