Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
--- EDITED --- n_osversion.of_pbvmname(), used by the code waaay below, will return "pbvm190.dll" for ALL different versions of powerbuilder 2019. I've adapted it in the hope it will now also return the correct name for pb2019 R3, R2 and R1.So my be...
Hi, from Peru I have a question.   I'm using PB 2017 I must save image into sharedfolder How to access the shared network folder protected by username/password?   Thanks....
Hi, I am wanting to run a .bat with the RUN function, but not run the .bat in PB R3 version...
Hi Guys, I hope someone can throw some light on this. I have a window w_ord_detail which has been inherited from w_ord. There are 2 copies of w_ord in two different libraries lib1 and lib2. Say lib1 is higher on my library list, my application woul...
Hello, How can I get the appeon sample database in Oracle? Thanks in advance for your help.  ...
Buenos dias, estoy intentando crear un Ejecutable desde el PB2019 y se muestra este error check if tha application file exists and it is a valid executable file Alguno de ud a pasado por este problema  ...
Hello, I am having a problem when creating multiple PDF reports, I have to print a lot of reports using a composite datawindow, then i decided use the function save as , using a system produced filename, when i use this file name the saveas funct...
Hi, Under web APIs database configuration, apparently you cannot use the same transaction object name for different cache name (database). How an application run on different database on different occasion, if the application transaction object n...
As the Administrator for the Appeon PowerBuilder account I receive email notifications pertaining to the account, however, all the users of the PowerBuilder licenses received the same email.  Is there a way to turn off email notifications for the use...
Hi All,   I have a scenario where I need a main datawindow with child datawindow. Both datawindows has Update properties correctly configured. My issue is I cannot make datawindow editable. I mean though the tab order is defined, the edit option i...
Hi, Was wondering if there is any way to set the default font of a RichTextEdit control at runtime? I'd like the control to remember what the user has chosen and to default to this the next time they access the control. Part of the problem is the u...
I am testing Powerserver 2021 with one app, on development machine al works fine, but when deploy the app to a server and try to access the client app gives a License Error, using Fiddler is returning the error attached in the image  ...
We are trying to deploy an application (PB 2019 R3 build 2703) using PowerClient.  I successfully deployed to a local instance of IIS on Windows 10 and then zipped the two folders that were created in inetpub/wwwroot and gave them to the clients IT t...
Dear Experts, I want to call VisualBasic for Application (VBA) macros and functions in Word or Excel documents which I have written myself out of/from PowerScript functions (instead of rewritting them in the PowerScript functions). Is this possible...
I recently migrated a client application to PB 2019 R2.  When I run the new exe for the application it starts, opens, connects to the database and then suddenly closes with no error message.  This happens on a Windows 10 machine.  It runs fine from t...
Hai dears, Does anyone use the medical lab integration application with powerbuilder ?.  I used Winsock method to collect and send data (HL7, Normal...) between the systems through tcp/ip protocol and it is working successfully.  But, some machine...
Hello everyone,   I have an issue with my ribbon bar. At initialization it looks perfect but if I open a sheet from the ribbon, the whole frame turns grey and I can't see anything in the screen anymore.   ...
PBVM190.dll deployment PB19 Where can I find PBVM190.dll? Is there an msi file to register the dll on client computers?...
A couple questions: Will the PB 2021 IDE be able to choose PB 2019-R3 builds that are installed? What is the projected release timeframe? The roadmap for 2021 doesn't mention any improvements to the desktop. Are there any notable changes/improveme...
UPDATED on 07-MAY-2021 at 3:35 pm.New issue, updated topic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Apparently my PB2019R3 version is confused and it says I already have PB running, so I cannot open up an instance in my development VM.However, I just rebooted bo...

There are no discussions available here currently