Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
In migrating to PB 2019 R3, we found a behavior change on datawindows with a populated group trailer band. In PB 2017 and earlier, our collapsed trailer bands w/ content (text, fields, etc) would autosize when data was retrieved - even when the chec...
Hi;     I recently modified an Infomaker form (using 2019 r2) to connect to a SQL Server database rather than Oracle. The form is used so people can add new users to roles. I am assuming it was made in the one-to-many type because it is supposed t...
Hello, I have the following url (only an example): url = www.google.de/images/branding/googlelogo/1x/googlelogo_color_272x92dp.png  I want to know whether this picture exists or not. If it doesn't exist I want to get something like error "404 Not ...
I've created a treeview datawindow with 3 levels.  The original highest level that gets set in the initial painter is fine, but when I create the second level, those values end up repeating.  I've tried Rows/Suppress repeating values and selected the...
Hello Appeon team context: PowerBuilder 2019R3 Professional, build #2670 OS: Windows 10; Windows Server 2016 In the application, we have a module allowing to associate to (ex.) products different files, images, html, documents We decided to use t...
Any recent changes in the Q&A web? Can no longer paste a copied image in Firefox. Inserting an image from the "insert/edit" image also no longer seems to work. The images I'm trying to paste / insert are from the windows 10 "snip & sketch" ...
Trying to access a table, the following gives me an error lole_temp = iole_word.ActiveDocument.Tables(1).Select Error: Error calling external object function tables All I am trying to do is get a tables content.  The table is created next to a boo...
Once we click on the text field (with AutoSelect = false) in a dw, the cursor is positioned at the beginning of the field by default. We should make another click to change it position to the desired one.  Is there a way to set the cursor position a...
This is a continuation of my question about saving screenshots of windows, which has been well answered. Now ideally we would want to make this functionality obvious to users, and one idea would be to have a little camera icon (or something like tha...
When I installed 2019R3 I didn't have SQLAnywhere installed.  I remember a message box coming up and informing me of this.  Did the .DB files get copied to the install folder somewhere? If so, where?...
Hello, When I convert a datawindow to a C# model in SnapDevelop, it takes forever. "Forever" meaning about 2 minutes. The first times I was thinking that it just didn't work. My DW has about 10 columns, 1 or 2 tables. If I try other DW's it's the ...
I think that i have a dwshare issue. We are sharing 6 child datawindows with the parent and the users are getting an error on one column in only one of the child datawindows that is being shared with the parent. The code for this is ls_pmdc = GetIte...
Hi team, I am not getting the option Subversion (SVN) in Source Control Tab in workspace properties. I am running Powerbuilder 2017 R3 Trial version. Got stuck not able to connect to SVN repository.   thanks Prabal...
With PowerClient postgresql 12 citext extensions works fine but not with PowerServer 2021 beta. Any clue?...
How can we do PowerClient version cleanup tasks on the IIS Server that contains all versions? In my case in previous versions I loaded many external files, those that keep trying to be downloaded by the PowerClient and are registered in the log file...
Hello, Using PB 2017R3, PostgreSQL 11 With the following query, we create a datawindow at runtime and issue few modify statements to format the datawindow.   Since the query is from multi-tables, we expect the table name(s) to get prefixed with th...
Has anything been done in PB 2019-R2 or R3 to prevent aborts on NULL? I know about the function to check for null but I was hoping that it would be enhanced to not need that....
I have just run into a weird problem, affecting both 2017 R3 and 2019 R2 on the same machine, simultanously. No particular recent change except  Windows 10 updates as usual. It affects all datawindows. Trying to open any one with the painter, in any...
Hello. I am working on a mobile application based on the example of appeon salesdemo mobileframe. Currently, I can lock my app in portrait mode, so if I rotate my phone 90 degrees it still remains in portrait mode, but if I flip it over, it goes to ...
Hi PB users, We are facing a difficult issue with one client which sometimes, get the deployed EXE process not closing, and he must kill by himself the process. It's a batch process running on a Windows server 2012 without display. We have asked fo...

There are no discussions available here currently