Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello. I am working on a mobile application based on the example of appeon salesdemo mobileframe. Currently, I can lock my app in portrait mode, so if I rotate my phone 90 degrees it still remains in portrait mode, but if I flip it over, it goes to ...
Hi PB users, We are facing a difficult issue with one client which sometimes, get the deployed EXE process not closing, and he must kill by himself the process. It's a batch process running on a Windows server 2012 without display. We have asked fo...
Does anyone have a way to set the datawindow picture control's .Border weight and color when using Line type borders? I cannot see any additional properties so I am guess "nothing out of the box" but perhaps you have some idea of how to accomplish t...
Hi,   Someone have an alternative to replace .Net assembly target in PB2019 to generate a component usable with .Net application?   Thank you for help....
  Some of rows and columns are getting blurred data on window after upgrading PowerBuilder application from version 2017 R2 to 2019 R3. After PowerBuilder Upgrade, issue with the displaying data on window, when we run the application on the citrix ...
Hi We currently have a powerbuilder app that gets and posts data via webapi with JWT authentication working sample code is below: lnv.SetRequestHeader("Authorization","Bearer "+ ls_token)lnv.SendRequest("POST","https://beta.mycomp.com/getvalues",a...
Hello everybody,when i generate an executable, is it possible to save the executable (.exe) and all related .pbd in a specific folder (other than the development one)?I tried to insert the new folder in "Executable file name" but save only the .exe f...
Hello, I'm trying to deploy my PowerClient project. Everything working fine cos it finish to build my application, then also finish to split correctly all the PBDs, then it starts to upload the file to my remote webserver, but it stops with the foll...
I have a report with enrollment statistics with both a graph and a table values, both being nested reports on the larger report. After a few entries, the data spills over onto the next nested report. I changed the nested report to show as two newspap...
We have about 5 Customers using our solution developed with Powerbuilder 2017 R3. We have issues with some of them as they are not comfortable with the mode of deployment into their environmentWe want to move to Powerbuilder 2019 R3 to allow us to ma...
How to activate the licenses of Infomaker. We have registered wit Appeon. When we try to open the Infomaker and supply the credentials then we receive the message as cannot find valid license. We have license purchased through hexagon. Kindly guide ...
Hi , I have one requirement, I need to print the PDF files from my local folder to default printer in my pb2019 application. I am using following code: Local External Function:  Function long ShellExecute( long hwnd,  string lpOperation, string l...
Hello, We are currently building a large-ish PowerBuilder (2017 but we are in the process of migrating to 2019) application using Microsoft's DevOps pipelines. Our current build script takes quite a lot of time as we: cleanup everything copy all...
Hi , Does the PB 2021 include other enhancements than the PowerServer support ? Back in the Sybase days Sybase invested SO MUCH in all kinds of java and EA server related stuff for PB. It was a complete failure from a-z and almost nobody ever set a...
I need to read some data from tab-separated text files with a row of column headers, where I know that certain column names will always be there, but don't know whether they will always be in the same order, or what other columns might be there. So l...
Hi Friends, I am trying PS2021, the lifetime of a session, how could I control it?because the service falls(api) if it is not used in a short time The system connects with the same transact SQLCA to several databases, dynamically, as it would be do...
Does anyone know of any tools that might be able to analyze a Powerbuilder classic app for potential security vulnerabilities?  Sort of like an HP Fortify for native Powerscript?  I saw an answer to a similar question that it may be possible with cer...
Is it possible to determine which is the latest valid version supported on the IIS Server of my application installed in powerClient mode? This by means of a query in execution time of the application. Thanks Marcelo...
So I have the following XML string: <Result><Status><ReplyStatus>1</ReplyStatus><ReplyText>Success</ReplyText></Status><Data /></Result> With the following PowerScript I create a PBDOM document ...
Another question on the obsoleted (in 2019R3) SoapConnection object.  Since I migrated to 2019R3 the CreateInstance method is failing with a "Bad runtime function reference" error.  Since I've not worked with this since PB version 11 or so I was wond...

There are no discussions available here currently