Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I using PowerServer2021 beta 2. Use below setting to connect Sybase 15.5  worked fine in development server :- SQLCA.dbms = 'ODBC' SQLCA.dbparm = "ConnectString='DSN=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx'", driver='ase' But when connect from end-user PC below...
HI, I am using PB 2019 R2 Build 2353, with database oracle 10g. When I am storing data in a NVARCHAR2 data type, i am able to save and retrieve bilingual data from PB , but i am not able to save the same from browser when application deployed in web....
Hi!   I have a datawindow. There is a field with child datawindow with show all option. When I click this field the dropdown will be opened, but when I click another part of datawindow, the child datawindow stay opened. I have no another tabbed obj...
Our PB applications crash and throw the DB error below: ct_cmd_alloc():user api layer: external error: The connection has been marked dead.   This happens for users who connect to our network via VPN step away from their machine for a while.  It...
I need to do a refresh in the PBLs without the IDE using GIT. Do I have how to do this without ORCA? I need this to do a automatically deploy. I need just do the refresh without rebuild....
PowerBuilder 2019 R3 Build 2703MSSQL : Microsoft SQL Server 2014 - 12.0.2000.8 (Intel X86) Feb 20 2014 19:20:46 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Standard Edition on Windows NT 6.3 <X64> (Build 19041: ) DECLARE proc_chk090 PROCEDURE FOR dbo....
Hello, Using SnapDevelop 2019 R3 Build 2703 & Visual Studio Community 2019 Project: .Net-DataStore-Example  Trying to publish it in a Win 10 computer from both SnapDevelop and Visual Studio.   Works fine when published from Visual Studio and N...
Hi Appeon,   Due to an important task, I left the development with Powerserver. Now that I have to deploy a simple project and needs to be deployed asap, i deployed it using Powerserver. The deployment went smooth and testing the connections is not...
is there any existing function or functions that will return the current data window name, the pbl and the last modified date of the data window ? ...
Hi I have been trying to figure out why this attached message came up and a solution to get pass it. I am running PB 2017 R3 Here are some details I have this dw object that was built with a stored procedure behind it. I ran the SP in SSMS and it...
Hello, PB 2019 R3 When I read the theme.json file from pb script, I get color code as string, Which I want to set to a static field through pb script... some thing like this in the constructor event of a static field This.BackColor = go_ac.of_get_...
Hello everyone. For some time, when running a web application in Chrome and after a very short time of inactivity (approximately 30 seconds), the browser suddenly and unexpectedly closes without giving any warning. This does not happen with other br...
I am starting to use the new chromium web browser in 2019 R3. I am looking for a solution where if our customers do not allow internet activity for their users that I can still display a local webpage. I would really like to have this content be serv...
Hello Appeon Community. Been using Powerbuilder for quite some time. Had been using Powerbuilder 12.5 for the past few years and I finally migrated an application to Powerbuilder 2019 R3. By migrating, I was happy to see that I could use the HTTPCLi...
Hi guys, I'm trying to test an LDAP authentication login service used in secure mode (LDAPS); The port used for listening is 636. I'm doing the test with PB12_5 but at the end i'll have to do it with PB2019. I downloaded the pb2ldap zip from "http...
Hi, I wish to create an Email enabled helpdesk application. This application allows user to: 1) Receive email for helpdesk email id.  2) Send / Reply to email enquiries using application . 3) Analyse emails which are not yet responded. 4) The re...
Hi, I need some guidance or advice on Power Server deployment.  We have some Power builder applications which has master detail window, list window, tree view controlled windows, tab windows - form and master detail layouts. Since, Power Server 20...
Hello Appeon Folks, Greeting! I need to increase the column size of one database field. What is the best and optimal way to reflect those changes in all Powerbuilder objects where it has been referenced? Thanks, Vipin...
Hi, When overriding an ancestor, you can call the ancestor's script by doing: super::event pfc_some_event( ) Now what I have to do is call the script of the ancestor of the ancestor.I've tried: super::super::event pfc_some_event( ) but of course...
Salesdemo_cloud works when running on development pc.  When starting Salesdemo_cloud from browser at different pc's (see attachment) than development pc: I am getting : Application execution error (R0222)  Application terminated. "Error cannot c...

There are no discussions available here currently