Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
For extemely stupid reasons I need to take an application that was migrated to PowerBuilder 2019 R3 some time ago and migrate it back to PowerBuilder 2017. Just wondering if anyone has any hints on how that may be done. I suppose I could just export...
Hi This is Prashant here I am facing probem with unicode numeric datatype. Which I believe could be for numeric values unicode \u and I set Edit mask Format = ###,###. If I removed Edit Mask and allow it return garbage value. If fails to enter nume...
Tenemos una aplicaciion en produccion con Power Server 2021. Y tenemos la necesidad de utilizar SOAP para consumir WSDL , ademas de enviar informacion. Cual es la manera mas adecuada de hacer esto, sabiendo que actualmente SOAP ya esta obsoleto des...
PB2022 - 1892 - Runtime version on WIN11 - It does not start OR Not give any error message.....Please advise. Development version runs fine.  ...
Hello, so I have a project with 2 applications, let's call tem "sales" located in "sales" folder and "sales_config" located in "sales_config" folder and there is "sales_shared" folder with shared pbls. I used to have resources with absolute path in t...
  hello how are you everybody i have aproblem and need for Helping Please;     i have 4 datawindow side by side to review items with type tabular i insert code in mousemove event to change the name of item from black color to red color   i n...
I am attempting to convert a PB2022 project using PowerServer. I have installed PowerBuilder 2022 and have converted my PB2019 project to PB2022.  I have successfully created and connected to my SQL Server 2016 database using the SNC SQL Native Clien...
I recently migrated and deployed an application to PowerServer 2022 for a client as a proof-of-concept.  The application uses the java runtime via calls to a dll to retrieve and display image files.  When the app is launched in client/server mode via...
Hi PowerBuilder community, We have found that if the user types a curly bracket/brace - "{" - into the web browser control, that the chrome-devtools window is opened. I.e As below, using the webbrowserdemo application. 1. Focus the web browser con...
Hello All our costomer have PB 2019 R3 and PowerServer Web 2019 application they like to upgrate but they must keeep the Web Application move to the new Cloud App it is not posible rigth now   Thanks    ...
I have a question regarding the height of a window.  When I go into the painter to modify a window, I can look at its properties, including going to the Other tab and viewing/editing its Height.  I can also right click on the window in the treeview...
Hi, we upgraded from PB2019 to PB2022 (1892) and we are experiencing another issues: 1) SetprofileString function has problem with special characters that contains diacritics "ľčť" when writing into INI file. In INI file there is "lct" as result. ...
Hi everyone,  I am currently exploring the option of connecting to a Workspace. I am trying to add Source Gear Vault to my Source Control System but I don't see an option for it unfortunately. So I currently have no workspace, and I right click on ...
Hello all we need to test the upgrade of PowerServer  Appeon PowerServer 2019 Build 1988.00 64-bit Edition to the latest version cause we have new machines with windows 11 we have donwload the PB2022 full installer but there is no...
What is the best method multi-select in dropdown DWs be accommodated for users.  This is an important issue for our reporting.  It does not appear to be a native PB functionality for DDDWs....
I don't see this file after installation of PB2022 (and update to 1892).  Previously it was in ..\Appeon\Common|Powerbuilder\Runtime <version #>.  Do I have to copy it from somewhere? (Sorry when you upgrade every 2 years you tend to forget thi...
Hello,I wrote yesterday about https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/error-after-migration-functions-procedures-with-collectionsWe fix it by changing dbms to ORA(DBMS=ORA) and migrate app to powerbuilder 2019 r3. In Powerbuilder app everythin...
Yes, I can use the JSONGenerator to build a file to spec from scratch, but I'd like to avoid that. I'd rather use an existing JSON file as a template, as a foundation, a starting point. There are a number of Key/Value pairs whose Key name is not un...
Hi we are currently using powerbuilder 2017 R£ LTS - which we develop on windows 7 and the executable is ran on windows 10 as well. We need to upgrade to 2019 R3 LTS and I know it can be developed/ ran on windows 10 but can it also be ran on windows ...
After installing Office 365 on the organization workstations our PowerBuilder Application is not sending e-mails with the mailsession OBJECT (No Errors) but no e-mail is sent... Is there a known issue? Or a code to add for the interaction with Outlo...

There are no discussions available here currently