Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Greetings PB community, we've been running our Reporting features in our applications succesfully for some years now via the JasperReports engine, which gets called via a PowerBuilder extension, which handles the initialization and method invoking t...
Hi All,   can anyone please help me out, how to pass the service account credentials to google api  (https://iamcredentials.googleapis.com/v1/projects/-/serviceAccounts/:signJwt)   I'm in process of generating the JWT token, we are utilizing the ...
Hello,  New to PB. , How do I check Codes Behind a Button.    We have Image button, which is disable and greyed out until 6.00 AM in , and enabled /Active  after 6.00 AM.  On doing search  in IDE , found following code.  IF idw_dw_1.Object.image...
I have a datawindow column that is of style type: dropdownlistbox. What value do I put in data value in Edit properties when I want to specify a  a display value for NULL. I tried using Null! but that did not work. (Using PowerBuilder Version 10.2.0...
Hello, I have implemented an ASP .NET Core Web API project that uses datawindows created in PowerBuilder to read data.Following the tutorial I was able to easily create an API which, after converting the datawindow into a C# Model, reads the data fro...
How can i do reverse reengineering of an powerbuilder aplication, and how i can protect for that  ...
I have Selection Window (PB 2017 R3) with a text field where the user can type the name of a product. One the keyup we capture the text and use it in a query that displays matching selections. Whats the best way to ensure that the user has stopped ...
hello everybody please i need help //=============json text ===================== { "errorCode":["3","5","34"],"transactionId":"bbb119a9-3690-4016-a1e4-30a2654d05b7","correlationId":"3268786e-ba1f-4d61-9ad5-a3b15072a544"} //===========end json =...
Hello, I need information about converting datawindows to C# Model. In SnapDevelop starting from a datawindow created with PowerBuilder I am able to create the relative C# Model using the "Convert DataWindow to C# Model" function however I find what...
Hi all.I have a server with more than 500 databases with the same structure and I would like to know how I can implement a connection factory with SnapObjects. And how to connect dynamically to each one these.   Regards...
Hello  I recently migrated to Mysql 8.0 (from 5.6) and I am having an issue with my reporting application, when accessing a report that calls a stored procedure, i am receiving this error: I searched about it, and it seems that Mysql 8.0 does not...
Hi, Does anyone know if it's possible to search on more than one word on this Q&A? I know I can type more than one word in the search box, but that does an OR. What I need is an AND, so I'll only get search results that contain both (or more) wo...
Hi all scary behaviour... I added some new .png files in my \resource directory and added resource\picture.png to my pbr file. The .pbr is defined in my project painter resource file name.   In IDE the new picture is shown, but not by executing ...
Hi Everyone;   For those who would like to help me test the following STD Framework Beta versions or even just download these sample applications to learn how to do PowerClient and/or PowerServer 2021 applications & deployment, you can download ...
Hi all there I just wanted to change the themes path in Additional Properties of my application in PB 2022. But all three tabs Themes, PDF Export and Power Server were missing in PB 2021 - without language pack - all tabs are visible. Is it possi...
I have a subreport on a report with a user-set message field. If the user adds a really long message, the message looks fine on the screen. The message field and bands, reports, etc. are all set to auto-height, and adjust to the size of the message w...
Hi,   I look for the similar solution of SuspendLayout() method in Windows Forms (link: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.windows.forms.control.suspendlayout?view=windowsdesktop-7.0) in PowerBuilder.  I have got a window with mult...
Hi, we are in the process of upgrading from Powerbuilder 12.5 to Powerbuilder 2021. I have found that when I attempt to build a 32-bit Pcode build from the IDE or the Compiler, the build succeeds, but then I'm left with a "Create of executable file f...
Hello, I look for a solution on how I can integrate my PB projects with CI/CD (Gitlab). I have a separate server (VM) with Gitlab runner for building and deploying my application. Now I will install PowerBuilder on this server, but I don't know if I...
Hi, have searched the forums for "richtextedit", but found nothing relevant to this, so... For PB2022 build 1892 creating a 32-bit executable. Using a richtextedit control into which is loaded a multi-page word document. The same executable displa...

There are no discussions available here currently