Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I need to capture a image through web camera in my power builder application. I find some code but I cant able to capture the images. Please anyone help in this case.  Thanks in advance....
Are following environment are supported or will be supported in future releases: 1. PowerBuilder IDE working on Citrix or Terminal server ? 2. Multiusers PowerBuilder development environment on Windows (any other OS) with Served Licenses (not per S...
Hi Team, Please help me understand these issues better by answering the following questions. In my current application following DLL's are used through global external function option. USER32.DLL Kernel32.dll ADVAPI32.DLL shell32.dll Qus#1 - T...
When using a Dropdown Datawindow edit style, we tend use the "Always Show Arrow" option to display/show to the user that this field is a dropdown. But, when the "Always Show List" option is turned on, this removes/supersedes the Always Show Arrow op...
PowerBuilder 2019R3, build 2703Windows 64 bit platformPostgreSQL 12 database32 bit PB applicationThe cmd string:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe"  "Q:\CABSv4\PDF_Notices\018H - PDF Test Notice #001.pdf" When I ope...
Hi team,  we are using powder builder 2019 , we are unable to upload any .jpg file from powder builder to appeon server  ...
Hi, Is there any way i can fire an event even before any constructor of any control in that window. I need just 1 event that fire only once and before all other events. even before open and constructor. Problem is that many constructors keep firi...
Hello everyoneI converted an ERP procedure based on pb 2017 to PB 2019R3. Let's say that almost everything works. However, I have noticed that part of the procedure is not working as it should. We have created, still with the old PB version, a Calend...
Hi, I'm using Powerbuilder 2021.1509. I have an old 32bit Powerbuilder application that works, it just needs updating. Everything migrated/updated, all looking good as a 32bit. I decided it was time to create a 64bit version to go with the 64bit Wi...
Today I cannot expand the Tables view using MSOLEDBSQL SQL Server.  I can connect, write SQL statements and retrieve results.  But when I click on the Plus button next to Tables (or views) it just hangs.  I believe it was a result of some upgrade tha...
We are in the process of migration from PB09 to PB21. PB09 app is using .ini with following : DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 2016 ServerName=XXXXXXXDatabase=DDDDDDBParm=Secure=1AutoCommit=true UserID=USERPassword=USER How do I need to change app ...
I was curious if anyone has coded anything in PB to get travel days between cities.  I started to look at the Google API but read some notes that it might not be legal to use for commercial apps. I am looking to find out how many days it takes to dri...
Hi Appeon,   I would like to know if Powersever 2020 build 2703 has an issue with connecting with MS SQL 2019?    I have published an application but needs ms sql 2019 for database but I cant connect as powerserver reports:     The same sql ...
Hello folks, I have a few picture buttons in a window. I have set them to Flat Style but they show a black border around them. How do I get rid of those borders?   Flat Style:   Thank You - AV.        ...
Hi, In the roadmap for Powerserver 2022 R2/R3, I see that feature "PowerServer projects support DB2"   Our current Powerbuilder application use a SQL server database (Most of our Query) and a IBM AS400 DB2 (7.3) Database with an ODBC (+/- 50 read ...
Hi all, I'm just reviewing some very old code that used Serial Ports to communicate with instruments.  To open a port, I executed: ii_ComID = OpenComm(as_com_port,ai_InBuffer_Size,ai_OutBuffer_Size) OpenComm() doesn't appear to be supported anymor...
I've got a couple of DW's that I want to be read-only under certain conditions.  I use PFC's  dw.of_SetUpdateable( FALSE ), but I also don't want any of the columns to be "clickable".  So, I add  dw.modify("Datawindow.ReadOnly=YES").  This work, but ...
Hi, I'm evaluating the feasability/cost of upgrading some of our Powerbuilder Application to PowerServer 2021+. I used an evaluation licence, but unfortunatly, it's not a straight forward as expected for our application, so I wasn't able to test th...
Hai, When I use this postman to send the data through API, database accepting all data. But, When I am use powerbuilder http method, database inserting a row without data (with 200 responsecode). what is the wrong in my code ? Below my script jso...
Hi Team - i have individual  powerbuilder 2019 license for 2 of my developers. one developer is leaving, how to change the license to the new developer now?...

There are no discussions available here currently