Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi!!!   Use PowerClient. we use SSO.   PowerClient link is  https://{domain}/{powerclient App}/index.html?123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678...
Something is wrong either with code or PB and have no idea why when window height and width is not bigger enough, the code where i check TypeOf() objects in control array of a window, TypeOf function fails. And if i increase width and height then Ty...
Hello, In properties of a regular column in DW, in Edit Tab, there is a check box - 'Display Only', this gives an option to copy(focus on the column) the value of the column and not to change the value (Tab Order > 0). Is there a way to use 'Dis...
Buenas tardes   Favor me podrían informar cuales son los .dll que se necesita para ejecutar una aplicación de escritorio en Power Builder 2022     Cordialmente   Carlos    ...
How it could be assigning a picture and text data together from  a PB control   to a data window column?...
Hello all I have PDF files (retrieved from database BLOB). I need to compress these files. How do I do it? Is there any utility or tool available that I could use from within my PowerBuilder application? Thanks in advance. Raja  ...
Hello Everyone,   I need a solution for the following problem. In Powerbuilder you can use the key combination Ctrl + Tab to switche through all open sheets. Now i need a button wich does exactly the same but on the button press.   Any idea wha...
Hello, I've been playing with the PS Server Management Console and noted this under SQL performance: CacheName:LB_KFxxxx, Test Sql:select top 1 * from sysobjects, Time Consuming(ms):22, Expect time-consuming(ms):30 CacheName:LB_Rexxx, Test Sql:s...
The azure logs is a great feature and they have a huge number of sample queries for these logs.  The samples are NOT context sensitive, so you see hundreds of unrelated and useless examples.  Originally, i thought i had my log or possibly environment...
  Hi, My PowerBuilder application (2019 R3 2703) is using third party control. It is working for a long time already without any problems when control is placed into the window (Insert->Control->OLE...). But now I cannot use window and trying ...
Hi,  Using PowerBuilder 2019 R3 build 2703 with SQL Server version ?  ( I know it is new. 'SELECT @@version' returns  Microsoft SQL Azure (RTM) - 12.0.2000.8   Jan 12 2023 05:25:39   Copyright (C) 2022 Microsoft Corporation ) DBMS=ODBC DBParm=Conne...
It cannot run and says invalid 32-bit application on my Windows XP computer....
Hi All, We have PowerBuilder application with Sybase SQL Anywhere as the backend DB. Client wants to move to MS SQL Database, we are doing research on how we can do this migration, however we cannot find any straight forward approach. We have around...
Replacing FTP with WINSCP to perform SFTP from my application, and I am having trouble decoding (cycling thru) the result set from "ListDirectory". The winscp examples use syntax like --  (foreach $fileinfo in $files) ... great - doesn't work in...
Hi all, I got all of my notes/remarks columns converted to RichText edit style. Now I'm testing everything. On several of the Notes tabs I have a message that says "Press F12 to insert timestamp".  But my RTE columns don't respond to the ue_keypress...
Hello,    Working on migrating an application from PB21 - 32bit to PB22-32bit and we are having an issue with .Object.DataWindow.Data.XML ( and other XML processes ) working.  Have removed PBDom.pbd from library list and added PBDOM220.PBD.  Have a...
Hi, I have PowerBuilder application (2019 R3 build 2703) that is running as service. But lately that program start having issues. Sometimes it runs as service but sometimes it doesn't. I know the reason why program does not run as service; it happens...
Hi all. Not new to PB but new to multithreading.  I have a process that using Chilkat, sends an xml string to a query service, and then processes the response file. I now need to give the user the ability to cancel the call.  All of the processing ...
Im sure there is a easy solution to this, I just cant find it.   When you select a window using the title bar and move it around.  Is there an event that is triggered when you release the mouse button to place the window.  The pbm_windowposchanged is...
How can I change the background color of a data window header that is on a tab page in a theme?...

There are no discussions available here currently