Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We're attempting to migrate our large 20+ year old application to PowerServer 2022 R2. We have an ORACLE database, and have a number of RPCs as well as a few datawindows using stored procedure updates. Some of the remote procedures have PRAGMA autono...
In powerbuilder 2022 R2 new TabbedView control Which window event will fired when we close it from tabbedview close button...
Hi, Looking for feedback on how to proceed. We have automated testing using TestComplete. Objects on the Ribbon Menu appear invisible in TestComplete. (Please see photo attached). Any suggestions / ideas on how to have these objects (buttons) visibl...
Hi All, I use a few COM Visible .NET Assemblies in our Powerbuilder applications.  I've been using COM Automation via OLEObject with them for years without any issues. Now it's time to update my .NET Assemblies to the latest version of .NET and I wa...
  Hello, we are looking into switching from using the Public CAL to the Standard CAL.  Currently we have the Public CAL installed on the client machines and are trying to figure out a way to automatically switch our application from using the Public...
Empty fields get spaces when exporting XLSX! in PB2019 not in PB2017 There are also no spaces when exporting Excel8! Create an external datastore d_testemptyxlsx with 1 string field datastore lds_test Long ll_row lds_test = CREATE datastore l...
Hi, we use the Webview2 browser (the Evergreen mode) in our application (PB 2019 R3 2792) which works fine on a normal pc. But we have one customer that is using windows server 2016 RDP to host our powerbuilder application for several users (yes, se...
Hi community  i try to create a new datacontext in SnapDevelop. Test connection works ok, but when try to save,i get a error. Column requires a valid DataType. What i doing wrong ?thanks  ...
We converted a PB 12.5 application to PB 2022R2 2819.    I ran a procedure which makes intensive use of oleobject. In PB 12.5 the memory usage is stable at around 50Mb.  In PB 2022 the memory starts at 50Mb and increases to 1200Mb. The memory is r...
I'm converting a web service client call from SOAP to HTTPClient using 2019 R3. The response back from the web service is multipart which means my response contains both XML and binary content. The SOAP implementation gave me a property in the respon...
Dear experts,we have a PBL consisting solely of DataWindows which are combined to generate certain documents.Sometimes the task pops up to replace a certain string in the text property of a Text control in many DataWindows simultaneously, e. g. a yea...
Hi, How can I read a file of Excel from Powerserver? ...
Hi Appeon teamI am using PowerBuilder 22's themes and when app retrieves huge data and waits for response from 3rd parties for a while, the application shows a black screen. I have checked removing the theme, it throws the state "not responding mode"...
We have a hosted server where our application runs. Users who access the app have redirected printers. The system is noticibly slower when their default printer is a redirected printer vs when it is a local printer. This occurs even when no printing ...
Hi All,   I have tried implementing SMTPclient in PB2022 R2 whereas I am able to send an email using SendAsync() but how to check the email status like queue/sending/sent/failed/cancelledbelow is the example code I have used Long ll_handlen_smtpcl...
Good afternoon.How do I change the RadioButton properties in a DataWindow at run time. Grateful....
Hi I have an issue with PDFs generated using native PDF on PB2022. When viewed in IOS the font is not rendered correctly we get dots instead. I belive the fix is to include the fonts in the PDF and there was once an INI option for this but that was...
I'm having some problems connecting to an old Radius server that is stuck on TLS1.0 I'm getting error -19 in HTTPClient mode and -33 in RESTClient = "TLS 1.3 error. The server does not support TLS 1.3." I've set both SecureProtocol and IgnoreServer...
We are using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and want to enable anonymous authentication similar to what we have in PowerBuilder 2022 below code. Is there any option available in PowerBuilder 2017 R3 to achieve the same? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks...
Hi, I have a bunch of applications that are correctly running and I am able to do incremental and full builds, and completely deploy them with no issue (only some warnings). I want to automate the process by deploying them from the command line usi...

There are no discussions available here currently