1. Pieter Coene
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 9 August 2023 11:11 AM UTC

Hi,

we use the Webview2 browser (the Evergreen mode) in our application (PB 2019 R3 2792) which works fine on a normal pc. But we have one customer that is using windows server 2016 RDP to host our powerbuilder application for several users (yes, serveral users use the same .exe from the same folder).

I've installed the WebView2 Evergreen on that Host server with no issues, but our PB app does not seem to be able to use the WebView2 control. I made a simple test app with only the webview2 control on it and a fixed URL but nothing is shown and when executing a 'WebbrowserGet' function, the app crashes.

I can see the crash in the event viewer in PBVM.dll, but thats seems normal if the WebView2 control is not working at all...

All needed PB files are deployed, as it works perfectly on other machines. Maybe some 'user permission' problem that occurs on the server, but i have not any clue where i can start to investigate my problem (i tried staring at it, but it didn't help).

So my main question is, how can i detect what is going wrong here?

Greetz
Pieter

Pieter Coene Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 6 October 2023 10:05 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Forgot to update this one. 

we have found the issue. All the VC++ packages (x64) were installed, but apparantly the 32-bit also needs to be installed on the server.

Thanks to Kai for pointing me towards this direction!

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 6 October 2023 15:32 PM UTC
Thanks for sharing the solution!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Pieter Coene Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 9 August 2023 13:23 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Chris,

Sounds perfect. I will create one right away ;)

Greetz
Pieter

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 9 August 2023 12:59 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Pieter;

I would suggest opening a support ticket for this issue. I say this because if the customer is willing, we could then have the main support team remote into the server & diagnose things right on that machine. Food for thought.

Regards ... Chris 

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.