1. Gastón Clara
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 29 September 2023 13:53 PM UTC

Hi,

I have a bunch of applications that are correctly running and I am able to do incremental and full builds, and completely deploy them with no issue (only some warnings).

I want to automate the process by deploying them from the command line using tools and versions that appears on the title. The issue that I am facing is that for the smaller and easier applications (2-3 PBLs and not too much inheritance)  I have no problem to successfully deploy them but when we move to he bigger and complicated ones all apps fails to bootstrap the PBLs. It report me the error:

scc refresh target 3pass
Orca error in 'scc refresh target '. Result Code -22.
SCC operation failed. See SMS log.
An undetermined Scc error occurred.
Last Command Failed.

In the log file I can see a bunch of different errors that has no sense. Don't forget that I was able to completely deploy them from the IDE!

This is a sample of the orca files I use:

And then, from a batch file I perform the following operations:

1) Delete existing PBLs, PBDs and EXEs.

2) Execute Orca

3) If no errors, deploy the application

If we have an issue in step 2 then we never reach step 3m that is clear.

I have tried all possible combinations of the scc refresh target but I always get some errors. I also tried to build the executable from orca script, with PBCompiler and with PBAutobuild.

Why is Orca execution from the command line if nothing fails fro mthe IDE? 

Any ide of what can the issue/problem be? How to solve it?

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Answer
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 29 September 2023 14:06 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Why don't you use PBAutoBuild?  It is designed to work with Git and do automated builds.  

I'm not sure, but your problem with ORCA could be incompatibility with Git.  The PB IDE is compatible with Git and PBAutoBuild is compatible with Git so maybe that's why those work?

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 29 September 2023 19:02 PM UTC
I see. Thanks for clarifying.
  1. Helpful
  1. Gastón Clara
  2. Monday, 2 October 2023 07:25 AM UTC
I tried building PBLs with PBAutoBuild (not using Orca as before), it seems that PBLs are constructed successfully but then errors continue to appear at the moment of compiling big targets.

Will continue testing but I have more ideas about what can be happening. Targets are deplñoyed with no errors from the IDE but they fail when built from the command line.

:(
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 5 October 2023 01:41 AM UTC
Please open a support ticket. We may need test case to analyze what is happening.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Gastón Clara Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 4 October 2023 12:40 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi,

Following Armeen recommendation I forgot about Orca and PBCompiler. New feature PBAutobuild allow me to perform all the tasks that I need at once.
But, unfortunately I am getting almost same issues than with the other tools.

As an example, from the IDE I am able to deploy an application with only 4 warning messages:

Exe file is generation and the application runs.

Then, I export Build File (attached) and run 

"D:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilderUtilities 22.0\pbautobuild220.exe" /f "D:\Git_Repository\10.0\tpa\Admin\medsurg\pb9\medsurg_90dev.json" /l %LOGFILE% /le %PBLOGFILE%

In this case, I get 6 errores instead of 5 and different from the previous ones. And the worst thing, executable is not build as the warnings are now treated as errors.

I would like to understand why this difference in behaviour. Is this an error? Is any configuration missing? Do I have to do things on a different way?

Thans

Comment
Arthur Hefti Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 29 September 2023 15:11 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi 

you might want to have a look at https://ecrane.com/powergen-overview/.

Regards
Arthur

Comment
  1. Gastón Clara
  2. Monday, 2 October 2023 07:21 AM UTC
Thank you for the suggestion. We are already using PowerGen but the idea is to stop paying for it if PB seems to be able to do the same job without an extra charge?
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.