1. Jon Travisano
  2. PowerServer
  3. Thursday, 5 October 2023 11:58 AM UTC

Hello, we are looking into switching from using the Public CAL to the Standard CAL.  Currently we have the Public CAL installed on the client machines and are trying to figure out a way to automatically switch our application from using the Public CAD to the Standard CAL.  Does anyone have any steps on performing this switch?

Also, is the CAL specified per application or once one version is installed all applications use that version?  For example once the Public CAL is installed on the client machine it will take precedence over the standard CAL for all applications even if the CAL packaged with the application is the standard CAL?

Thank you.

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 5 October 2023 13:47 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Hi Jon;

It is normally very simple ...

• Deploy the "Standard" CAL to your website
  • Uninstall the Public CAL on the App user's machines

Note: If both CAL versions are installed, the "Public" CAL takes precedence.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 5 October 2023 19:25 PM UTC
I do not believe so as the CAL will do a CRC check on all the App files and then determine that the local PBAPP.ini does not match the Web Server one - thus instigating a re-download of the INI from the web server.

You might try updating the PBAPP.ini on the web server and see if that pushes the change down to the client machines. I am not sure if that might work as I have never tried that.
  1. Helpful
  1. Jon Travisano
  2. Friday, 6 October 2023 15:54 PM UTC
Do you know what folder that file is in? I did a search and couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Jon
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 6 October 2023 16:13 PM UTC
You would have to redeploy the PC / PS app as that INI is buried in a propriety ZIP file that you cannot edit.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.