Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
For the olecustomcontrol there is an event called losefocus()   I am moving away from ole to webbrowser control.   I can't seem to find losefocus() or anything equivalent to that.   Any ideas?...
Hi Friends, I have an MDI app.  In one of MDI sheets, I have a dw object and a tab object.  Both objects have code for the rbuttonup event that pops up a different menu depending on which object or tab is clicked. When the user has the app running ...
PB 2021 , build 1506, 32 bit From the distant past we have inherited a program structure with exe files and pbd files for all our applications. In the application projects, the exe files and pbd files are assigned pbr files exactly matching the ico...
Hello Alli need to Export a Datawindow to a Json the issue is that the the items have Upper and Lower case  like :codigoDepartamentoReceptor or fechaHora when i create the datawindow the name are always change to all lowercase i did try to use the...
Hello, Using Powerbuilder 2019 R3, SQLite, ODBC Driver from http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/ Need to cast a computed column as date, but PB interprets it as a char column only.  I tried Datawindow's column specification, we get All those compu...
Hi all, I'm banging my head against the wall here.  I'm been working with snapdevelop and visual studio to migrate our old client server application [Front end connects to ASE directly]. hoping to evolve to an architecture where front end interact...
I have a datawindow with a dropdowndatawindow (datawindowchild). I want to change the dataobject of the dropdowndatawindow base on if their is some data in a table. I try the following but PowerBuilder tells me invalid property. //cch declare the da...
We are using powerbuilder 2021. We migrated from powerbuilder11.5 to powerbuilder2021. We are in middle of converting web calls. We wanted to use HttpClient as recommended by Appeon. I am calling a url which is wdsl has a function requires 3 paramete...
Thanks for any hint Peter...
We have a service which was built in PB 2017.  We have upgraded the service and deployed it to a new Windows Server VM. When we try start the service, we get this error I then checked in Event Viewer and the error is "Powerbuilder VM not found". ...
Question to the PB Community: We have a monolithic application consisting of a PowerBuilder frontend and C# .NET application server, both of which are tied to a MS SQL Server database. When the application was first written it was strictly PB, but o...
Hi all. We have a desktop application that runs only on Oracle (currently using PowerBuilder 10 but we are already getting 2021). I am looking for tips on better ways to make this application also run on SQLServer. It is based on datawindows but a...
Hello, My application sends outbound emails and I need my users to be able to edit the body of the email.  I'd like them to be able to format the body of the email with the same type of options as if you were in Outlook or another email tool w...
Old school PowerBuilder. Using PB 19 R3 Build 2670. Basic client server. Calling a Web service proxy via SOAP. Code sample below: TRY        conn.Useintegratedwindowsauthentication( True)    CATCH (Throwable x)        ls_error = x.GetMessage()     ...
HI  I am using a 32 bit version of PowerBuilder. We have a 64 bit version of MS Access that has the suffix .accdb. I would like to connect PB to that database. Is it possible using PB? I do not seem to able to see any 64 bit drivers in PB.     ...
Hi Guys,   Good Day!   I tried to deploy our application using Powerclient and it successfully working and up. Now, we had an issue when patching updates to our customer side because our application is huge and our source control in on premise on...
I am trying to implement a webbrowser control and inside the webbrowser control I am trying to implement a way to collect value from the input field.   This is a test webpage I have setted up: https://stc.opensyscon.com.au/test.html   The code of...
Hi, Just a small thing: Once again, on this site, I'm getting a notification in the bell icon saying something like "Awesome! I've caught up with all of my notifications ...". I think that's pretty useless and quite annoying, can we get rid of it?...
Dear Sir, We just migrated our system from PB7 to PB2021.However, we found those windows which using "For-Loop" script in datawindow", the processing time become very slow. The PB2021 version is about 50 times slower than the PB7 Version.We use Oracl...
Hi,   Keyboard space key not working. It use to work then after sometime it stop working. Do i need to uninstall and reinstall the powerbuilder?...

There are no discussions available here currently