Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
  Good Morning We are distributing a workspace for mobile applications through an .apk and when installing the file on mobile phones, we have security restrictions that prevent us from installing. The user must manually disable the secu...
It's possible to use timing object in app without window object ?! App start schedule process and don't window and i use timer event to start process....
Salve Marco, ho un problema, devo consumare un web services SOAP con autenticazione WS-Security e PasswordText. Ho verificato che il SOAP connection  .net non mi permette di consumare tale webservices. Ha qualche consiglio in merito da darmi per po...
Hello, I have a query regarding compilation in PB 2017 R2.  I recently deleted code in my data window file(w_splash_screen). I did a full build and deploy in PB 2017 IDE. I see that my changes are reflected.  Locally, when I compile using command ...
I use a lot of checkboxes in my PB applications, but I've never had the need for a "3-state" checkbox until now.  The programming syntax seems pretty straightforward, but, in my application, the control is NOT working as expected.  Is there anything ...
Hi Is there any plan in the future to support .net standard (2.0) with powerbuilder c# integration? Background: We have many ASP.Net Webservices and want to use Powerbuilder c# integration, but we don't want to migrate our ASP.Net Webservices to AS...
Hello everyone The DBMS I'm using now is O10, the oracle client is 11g, and the database server is 12c. Officially, if the client is 11g or 12c, the DBMSs need to use ORA, so I have a few questions. 1. Why did I use O10 to connect to the database w...
  Hello, We have two Powerbuilder applications communicate via DDE. PB application hangs on and waiting for OUTLOOK.exe. Immediately after closing the outlook, application starts running.  it happens on 64 bit PCs. Win 7 and Win 10 64 bit PCs. n...
Hi Guys   I've set up an Source Control System with SVN and a Continous Integration system with Jenkins. I've one workspace with 4 targets with some pbls shared Moreover on different target I've the same object in different pbls For instance for...
Hello. We have two PowerBuilder applications which communicate via DDE. When MS Word or MS Excel is running, the application stops when executing the command OpenChannel(). It only waits, there is no crash, error or some return code. As soon as I st...
What is the best way to parse a complex XML/SOAP response message to a (internal) objectmodel (without using the [obsolete] webservice proxy functionality) ? Thanks in advance....
We have a treeview in which we currently pull all rows and then use dwfind to scroll to the users last row or the one they selected in a search.   I need a way to reduce memory usage on our servers and rows to disk could be a start, but how does it...
Hi guys, Right now I am using PB 12.6 on W7. With this command I open an oleobject connecttonewobject ("InternetExplorer.Application").I need to migrate it to W10. In W10, the company wants to use Edge.Does anyone of you know how I can proceed? If ...
I'm doing some timings of an app I am working on that needs to be super fast. It is using a Microsoft Access database currently but in production mode will either be SQL Anywhere or SQL Server. What is really weird is that the DISCONNECT is taking 3...
Our Enter Price Users Power builder 2017  only the classic Power builder. We have to disable  TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 on the servers that host our SQL server data base. We are facing issues with as we are using SQLOLEDB connection. I came to know from v...
Hello All, We are migrating PB9 application to PB17r3. we have below some queries regarding group radio box. When we make exe in PB2017 with checked build option as "windows classis style", radio button is coming in black color and rectangle is n...
  Hello. We are in the migration proccess from server-client to powerserver Web. We have a new necessity for our application that is calling an API using Auth 2.0 We have look out the help reference and we have seen that there are two example ways...
Hello All, I have a machine with Virtual Box and a Docker Virtual machine installed Both Create a "network addapter" with ther own IP when i open the a PowerServer PB2017 Application in any browser the of_getclientip returns the IP of them and not...
Hi,   I have deployed powerbuilder 2017 R3 1880 build along with all required rtf control files as per powerbuilder document to a client machine along with other PB runtime files. My app runs fine accept when I open the Rich text control in edit mo...
Any one have done something with PB2017-9 And Cassandra. i need to read (only Read) some data saved in cassanda ...

There are no discussions available here currently