1. Reema Kurane
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 4 September 2019 14:59 PM UTC

Hello,

I have a query regarding compilation in PB 2017 R2. 

I recently deleted code in my data window file(w_splash_screen). I did a full build and deploy in PB 2017 IDE. I see that my changes are reflected. 

Locally, when I compile using command line pbc170.exe tool I see my old changes instead of the new one when I run my application exe.

How do I make sure that the pbc170.exe gives the same results as Build and Deploy from PB 2017 IDE ?

Our PB 2017 code is migrated to GIT and using DevOps for continuous integration.

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 4 September 2019 15:11 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Reema;

Sounds like a GIT "Pull" issue maybe on the "build machine" where the PBC is executing. How are you pulling the latest code down on the PBC machine before compilation starts?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Reema Kurane
  2. Wednesday, 4 September 2019 15:24 PM UTC
Hi Chris,

We are using Visual Studio to Sync the data. Also I tried to reset the branch.

But, I also see the issue on my local. I tried replicating the issue on my local machine. I recompiled the code using pbc170.exe locally and I get the same issue. I see a .srw w_splash_screen.srw but it has my old changes.

1. Helpful
  1. Reema Kurane
  2. Wednesday, 4 September 2019 18:35 PM UTC
Hi Chris,

I had checked in my changes. I even cleared the local workspace folder, downloaded the project from Git , opened in PB IDE , Built it and Debug. Everything works fine as per the new changes.

Now, when I try to use the standalone compiler, pbc170.exe locally and use the parameters specified in the application project object.It build fine but using old files and changes and not the new ones.

Am I missing any build step here for standalone compiler to build properly?
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 4 September 2019 18:43 PM UTC
Hi Reema;

FWIW: I normally use the ORCAScript utility to refresh by build PBL's (aka Git Pull) before I run the PBC.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.