Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Good Morning everyone, I need to understand something... I have to send data to an external webservice , which wsdl file is https://snfl.qdecalidad.com/snfl/webserviceAgroxSNFL/ws.apps I've created a webservice proxy and I can see everything witho...
Hi, I am getting .exe has stopped working at run time. If running from source i am not getting any error. Environment: Windows 10, PB 2019 build 2082    ...
We have a developer who's left and we need to remove his old PB license so that a new developer can use it on a new machine.  I have tried the steps in this article but have not been able to release the license https://blogs.sap.com/2016/11/28/how-to...
Sir, I Have a c# dll to read a smart card. wich provided by UAE Govt to access their national ID and they are providing C#, Java dll to do the same. Anybody can advice me ?....
My understanding of the DynamicModel structure is that it is a way to generate a dynamic datastore from SQL, similar to executing these statements: new_syntax = SQLCA.SyntaxFromSQL(new_sql, 'Style(Type=Form)', error_syntaxfromSQL) dw_new.Create(new...
Hi I am looking for a tool to make tests compatible with PowerBuilder 12.6 (and more), SQL Server 20xx, batch, Web service I want to be able to: - Write test scenarios, - Perform them automatically, - Generating test reports What tool would...
I have an application that has been migrated from PB 12.6 to PowerBuilder 2017. I have also moved the application from ODBC to ADO.NET. My server is a 2016 Windows Server I have installed the PB64RT170 and rebooted the server. When I execute the a...
We have been testing the NativePDF method (using PDFlib) in PB 2019. It does a nice job of rendering datawindow visual content, but performance is relatively slow as well as CPU-intensive.  Are either of the other rendering methods (Distill using Gh...
Hello, when I work with numbers with power builder 2019 the format I see well in my Laptop but when I already put it in the Cellular it appears with another format for example:if the amount is 580.00 then on the mobile it shows me 5,800.00 why this i...
Hello, I wondered if anyone already noticed that. The example is in PB2019 but it also occurs in 12.5 or 2017 (I didn't try any other version). Open a window child within an mdi frame. The window child contains a DDDW, deploy it.   Now move the...
Have any sample code to access Smartcard ?. I used Bruce's example to connect the device. I successfully connected and detected the RFID card. But to get data, need to access c# dll which provided by UAE Govt. How can work it ?...
Sometimes users get error: Communication link failure sql error 08S01 - user has to exit via Task Manager because a pop-up keeps reappearing and doesn't allow user to exit out of the application.   Is there a way to kill the powerbuilder app for th...
Hello... Have any sample codes to access winsock api to send and receive messages from other applications like HL7 Soup or any others...........
Hi, We are migrating our VDI desktops to Windows 10 and Office 365 (32 bit) In our PB application, we are using MSMAPI control to retrieve outlook items and also send emails.  With the current implementation, there is a popup that comes up asking ...
Hi, I've got a DW defined with a single column text field visible with a max length of 3k.  Only a single row is retrieved.  The text field is sized to have only about two dozen lines visible at a time.  Vertical Scroll Bar and Auto Vert. Scroll che...
Hi All, This is INFORMATION - Not request for help You may experience issue with VS Code not recognizing C# code targeted for .NET Core 3.0 if you also have SnapDevelop installed. Same issue may occur if you have any app installed that embeds MSBui...
Does anyone know how to call a Windows API function that is defined within a Windows Interface from PowerBuilder? Specifically, I'm trying to call the ITaskbarList3::SetOverlayIcon API. The normal WinAPI strategy of defining a local external functio...
I am trying to run a java class from powerbuilder and I have seen examples where this statement is used: javavm i_jvm.When compiling, this error message appears: Illegal data type: javavm.What should I do to be able to instantiate the java virtual m...
Hi, We are working in PowerBuilder 12.5 and it has a datawindow which has static text and dynamic texts which depends on various kinds of input to the report. i need to know how can i convert those static/dynamic english texts to spanish in datawind...
Good Morning, I have updated powerserver toolkit and I cannot publish an application on Google Play. This is the error: "Based on our review, we found your app’s expressed user experience did not match your declared core functionality Default Phone...

There are no discussions available here currently